Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hazmail
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

How to purchase premium

Jump to solution

I have true key premium through a subscription of McAfee Total protection I want to purchase only premium for the true key, i do not want to purchase total protection.  I can't figure out how to do this because the premium does not show up in the app as an option. It just says free 0 logins left I need this right away to work is it for my dads accounts as well as my own I don't need the Total protection anymore please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hazmail
Contributor II
Message 9 of 10

Re: How to purchase premium

Jump to solution

Well my father passed away while in the hospital, i had no access to a pc to backup the credentials so i had no choice but to purchase the Total protection again. Thanks for trying to help, i hope in the future there is another way 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

@hazmail 

Please backup (export) the existing credentials, please click go premium after the True Key subscription  is expired and extend the True Key subscription alone. If you need any assistance on this please let us know.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

I will send you a private message regarding this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Let me know if you received my email and if you were able to follow the steps outlined there.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

hazmail
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Sorry i haven't been able to respond i have been at the hospital with my dad the last 3 weeks I have been trying to resolve this as the time allows. Please explain how to back up my credentials. Can I do this on my cell phone or do I have to have a computer. I don't have access to a computer it might have subscription is already expired by one day

sivasubramanian
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi

The Please follow the below steps to backup your credentials from True Key from PC.  Also, reply to the private message sent by Marcd.

• Open True Key and login with your master password
  • Click Gear symbol on the top right
  • Go to App Settings
  • Click Export option on the bottom
  • Click Continue 
  • Type Master Password and click Unlock
  • Save the truekey-export.csv file in your desired location. By default it will be "Downloads" folder if you have not set the download location option in chrome

Regards
Siva

hazmail
Contributor II
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

I wish there was a way to do this via my Smart phone. I do not have access to a PC. I thank you for your help. I think the only thing i can do is just purchase the Total Protection for another year and deal with this next year when i have more time. Thank you again for your help. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Best way to back up your data is exporting it to a CSV file on your computer as my colleague explained.

I will send you another email regarding the subscription details.

Thanks,

Marc D.

hazmail
Contributor II
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Well my father passed away while in the hospital, i had no access to a pc to backup the credentials so i had no choice but to purchase the Total protection again. Thanks for trying to help, i hope in the future there is another way 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

I am truly sorry about your dad's passing.

I will be here to support you in any way I can going forward.

Take care,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community