Message 11 of 14

Re: How to disable browser extensions?

Marc - I just duplicated the problem on a different computer:

Windows 10

did a "restart"

opened Chrome 

the TK icon was blue

I clicked on the icon and everything is active

and get this, even after this I went to my gmail and had to log into gmail, so TK is deadly here (if it were somehow a 'sleep'; gmail would probably not have needed a new logon)

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)

(on that PC I do not have the Firefox browser extension enabled for TK)

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 14

Ok so you reproduce this on both browsers (Firefox and Chrome) on both systems, correct?

Are you able to confirm if you are using the desktop standalone app opening the logins launchpad on the desktop or on the browser tab?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

jrbvt
Contributor II
Message 13 of 14

Marc - I just tried this on a different PC.  Did a full shut-down, restart ... Chrome opened to where I had closed it (i.e. my gmail, etc), the TK icon was blue ... but, this time I did have to logon to TK.

Is there a difference between the shutdown and start vs just a "restart" like I did on the other PC?  I thought clicking on "retart" did a full rebooting - perhaps not.

This PC is Windows10, not with the latest upgrade (the earlier one had that latest).  

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 14

I am getting confused, can you please confirm the following:

1- Since there should not be  difference between shutting down and restarting, on how many computers where you are seeing the issue have you restarted the system?

2- On these computers you restarted did you tested on both browsers: Chrome and Firefox?

3- Are you using a True Key on the desktop and opening on the desktop or as an extension first opening on a browser tab?

4- Finally, the blue True Key you see right after you restarted the system might be a lesser problem if you need to log in to True Key.

Please let me know if upon restarting the system/s, you see the icon blue without logging into True Key and on which browsers, and if you have to log in to True Key on then or you could just open them without logging in.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community