Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimStruve
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

How do I reset my fingerprint?

Jump to solution

On my Win10 machine, I can easily log in to windows with my fingerprint, but it takes many tries to use my fingerprint with True Key.  How do I reset my fingerprint in True Key?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do I reset my fingerprint?

Jump to solution

To better answer your question, True Key does not keep a copy of your fingerprint on our servers like we do for the face recognition keeping a face template.

In the case of the fingerprint, it is your local system that manages the fingerprint, if you are using the fingerprint with Windows Hello I assume you are using it with Windows Hello to login to your system.

While there is no options to reset the fingerprint, you can simply remove the one that in the system and ad it after. I found a quick guide on how to do this with Windows Hello: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9097-add-remove-fingerprint-account-windows-10-a.html

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Before I answer I like to better understand how you are using presently the fingerprint with your system. Are you using the fingerprint to log in to Win10 via Windows Hello?

Also, is the fingerprint reader built in on your system or do you have an external fingerprint reader connected to your system?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

To better answer your question, True Key does not keep a copy of your fingerprint on our servers like we do for the face recognition keeping a face template.

In the case of the fingerprint, it is your local system that manages the fingerprint, if you are using the fingerprint with Windows Hello I assume you are using it with Windows Hello to login to your system.

While there is no options to reset the fingerprint, you can simply remove the one that in the system and ad it after. I found a quick guide on how to do this with Windows Hello: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9097-add-remove-fingerprint-account-windows-10-a.html

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community