How do I change my email address

3 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I change my email address

Hi there,

An account email address cannot be changed, as your data is related to this email account profile.

What I can advise if you still have access to the old email a True Key account is to do an export of your data to your desktop (True Key settings- export data), then you can create a new True Key account with your new email address and import the data backed up on the newly created account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Shirley53
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I have this same problem. First you forgot my password so I had to click on the "You forgot my password" link to fix that.

Now all what I want to do is extremely simple. I want to notify you of my new email address. I would expect this to be an extremely common thing for your customers to want to do. My old email address was pwned, I've changed internet service provider and I've acquired a new domain name for email addresses. Any one of these reasons is quite common and I have all three.

Your ":solution" below refers to "a True Key account". I don't know what "a True Key account" is.

How do I change my email address when I am just a plain and straightforward subscriber to McAfee Internet Security? It would be nice if I could receive update notices.

I look forward to receiving a reply that is comprehensible by a person with a PhD.

Thank you.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Good morning Shirley,

By True Key account, we are talking about the email address/ master password combination you use to login.

Only after you successfully entered this email address and master password that you can access your launchpad that contains all your stored data (logins, safe notes, wallet items, etc).

As I replied on the previous above post, there is no mechanism today to be able to change the email address to a new one. You can only create a new account with the new profile and import the data from the old account into the new one, obviously this won't work if you are locked out of your current account and have not backed up (exported) your data previously.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community