cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TwistedNonsense
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

How can I renew True Key subscription?

I've been using the True Key service for 7+ years. It began as a service called PasswordBox, was purchased by Intel near the end of 2016, then eventually went to McAfee. 

When it was still PasswordBox I'd even paid up front for a lifetime subscription (which didn't carry over to Intel, but at least they gave me 3 free years.) 

My point is I've been a loyal and extensive user of this service for a very long time. I use all features quite a bit, and have nearly 500 passwords saved. This is my most important browser extension and mobile app, more than anything else. 

The renewal for my subscription came up, but I didn't realize the primary card in my PayPal account had expired, and they didn't just switch over to the working card to pay the subscription. 

I opened the True Key extension and got the message stating my subscription had expired literally three hours earlier. I clicked the link to renew, but a message said the only option now is a full Premium package that costs $70. I don't need or want any of those things. I just want to keep using True Key like always. 

Customer service had no clue about this product and kept telling me I had to "search for the correct contact info for whatever company you bought the product from." So, please, does anybody here know how I can get this back up and running? I seriously missed the renewal by a few hours. Even the customer support guy on the phone could see that, but he couldn't renew the subscription. 

2 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 3

Re: How can I renew True Key subscription?

Hi @TwistedNonsense ,

Greetings from McAfee,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We regret to inform you that True Key is no longer available as a stand-alone purchase. To continue with Premium subscription, we request you kindly do a purchase of McAfee Total Prodection-1 device that will be inclusion of TRUE_KEY premium subscription.

To make the purchase kindly visit home.mcafee.com

Feel free to reach our consumer support team for available pricing and discounts.

McAfee consumer Support

Regards,
Smita

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

TwistedNonsense
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: How can I renew True Key subscription?

Smita, 

What you're saying just isn't accurate. True Key may not be available as a stand-alone purchase for new customers, but for customers like me who have had it for years and years it is indeed able to remain. 

The only reason I'm having a problem is because I didn't realize my debit card on file had expired. If it hadn't expired, you would have processed my renewal like always and my True Key subscription would remain in effect. 

I do not need nor want any of the other features offered in your company's $70 product. I want what I've always had, what I've been paying for year after year since 2013. I was able to find the initial welcome email from when I first began my subscription. 

All I want is what I've had the whole time. Nothing more. And again, the expiration for my renewal had been less than 3 hours when I noticed it. I would hope that after being a loyal paying subscriber for nearly a decade, a modicum of flexibility within a few hours wouldn't be too much to ask. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community