cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarviand
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Generator on IOS - not keeping history? Lost password

I used generator on IOS to change a website password - went to paste into Truekey and clipboard was blank. Does not show in histoty on generator on True Key web page. Any ideas if I can retrieve this password?

Thanks

5 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Generator on IOS - not keeping history? Lost password

Hi @jarviand 

Password generated on a particular device will be shown on that device only. So, please check on iOS device under Password History and you should be able to see it there. If you have any concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

jarviand
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply - I cannot find a password history option on IOS app - can you tell me where to look?

Thanks

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi @jarviand,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

But currently the password history option is not available in iOS due to some restrictions. You may need to use forgot password option in the website for which the password was generated and then setup a new password. 

You can also use Safe Notes in the Truekey app to copy the generated password as an alternative.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

Aresshakhan21
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

After you’ve copied the password to the clipboard, update your existing Login item with it.

1. Select the Login item you want to update with the new password.
  2. Click Edit, then paste the password into the password field.
  3. Click Save.
  4. Go back to the generator then copy all blank data put it into (you source) thank you might be able to see the blank password. 
mandywostonly
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

nice thank you for being here
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community