cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_111
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Firefox 82 (OSX) - extension not auto-filling passwords and no password selection popup

Hey,

I've been having this problem for about the past year.  I've tried reinstalling the extension several times without avail.

Basically, the extension works, and I can see all of my saved logins from the extension main panel, however whenever I navigate to any site, Truekey will not auto-fill the password, and there is no pop-up selector like there is on Chrome or Edge browsers.  The username/password field will have the Truekey "star" icon in the box, but will never auto-fill.

In Firefox preferences, it says "Passwords managed by McAfee TrueKey", so it looks like it should be working.

Unfortunately I am required to use Firefox due to a company requirement.  As stated in the title, I am currently running on Firefox v82, and I have reinstalled the McAfee extension today.  I also am running McAfee Endpoint Security of Mac.

9 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: Firefox 82 (OSX) - extension not auto-filling passwords and no password selection popup

Hi Brian,

Just so I understand the issue is really that the instant login feature for any sites using the Firefox True Key extension seems not to be working. So in other words, you might see the True Key blue icon present at the end of the credential fields when you try to login but there is no auto fill of the credentials and no auto submit to the website you are trying to log in to, correct?

if your answer is yes for the described scenario, we have identified a possible cause for this that you are seeing, our teams are working and testing possible solutions currently, when I know more I will be happy to share it with you. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

Brian_111
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: Firefox 82 (OSX) - extension not auto-filling passwords and no password selection popup

Thanks Marc,

Yes you are correct - thanks for the quick reply!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

Hi Brian,

Please check out True Key Firefox extension and let me know if instant login is now working as expected.

Thanks a lot,

Marc D.

Brian_111
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Hello! I have reinstalled with the latest version of the firefox extension - however no improvement.  I've popped open the console to see whats happening, and I see a few mysterious lines that only happen when the TrueKey extension is enabled.

I get

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at inline (“script-src”).

As well as

Unhandled rejection undefined content-script.js:12:19572
Source map error: Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Resource URL: moz-extension://eaecdf3d-5bda-8542-a295-ea48286a5486/scripts/content-script-libs.js
Source Map URL: content-script-libs.js.map

Looks almost like a FF security policy might be blocking it.  I see these both on an internal company Confluence page, as well as at https://www.ally.com.

It looks like password is autofilling on etrade.com, however if I try to click the 'blue star' icon I again get the same error.

Source map error: Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Resource URL: moz-extension://eaecdf3d-5bda-8542-a295-ea48286a5486/scripts/content-script.js
Source Map URL: content-script.js.map
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 10

Hi Brian,

I also feel it is FF blocking policy that you are seeing here, one quick way to really be sure of this is by installing the True Key Chrome extension, if it works the issue will be with your FF browser security settings or the True Key FF extension although it is unlikely as I don't see that happening with my assets using the FF browser.

Let me know if you van install the TK Chrome extension and what the results are and we will investigate it further.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Brian_111
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

The Chrome extension and Edge extension appears to work without issue - which is why I thought it was an issue unique to the FF extension. 

I could try a reinstall of FF entirely, or look into the security settings some more

Brian_111
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

If I turn off CSP in firefox, then I sadly still get the error

Sad

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 10

That is what I thought too, are you running any A/V security program on your system? maybe you could start if you are running one, by disabling it and see if the FF browser extensions behaves the same way, if it does, then I would concentrate more into the FF browser and our extension.

Thanks,
Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

@Brian_111 

Hi Brian,

I just want to confirm that you are running on the Firefox True Key extension only and not the True Key desktop app, correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community