cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trueme
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit) - Truekey auto populate hit and miss

I continue to have issues with Truekey Firefox Add-on. It has become very hit and miss with filling in login information. About 30% of the time it will auto-populate if I go to a site. If on the other hand I launch the site from the TrueKey Tab, it goes up to about a 70% success rate. This has been happening in both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Firefox, on more than one PC, for a couple of months now (as an aside, I am now fully on the 64 bit version of Firefox).

10 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Re: Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit) - Truekey auto populate hit and miss

I will contact someone on your behalf whom is a expert on True Key.

​  Could you please assist this user?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
trueme
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hey Marc, it’s Martin  

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

Hello Martin

When you attempt to login to a website on Firefox and when it doesnt auto-populate the credentials, do you notice a True Key icon the fields to enter the username/email address and password? The reason I ask is only if True Key is logged in and active, True Key will be able to auto-populate the credentials and automatically log you into the website.

Regards

Farhan

trueme
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hi Farhan,

I probably should have included that - yes both fields always show the TK icons. However clicking them does nothing. Yet on some web sites it goes right in. And there is a corresponding site entry with the proper domain to match the site. If I launch the site from TK it works.  It is very hit and miss. I will find a couple of examples so we can at least compare.

trueme
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I "think" it may be when there is more than one account in TK for the same domain. In the past I would get a popup on the login letting me select which account. Currently I get nothing, even if I click the TK icon in the login field. That might also explain why it works when I launch the site from TK - since then it knows which account to use. Examples are Twitter, Yahoo, GMail. If there are more than one account, nothing populates and I don't get the option to select the desired account. Launch the sites from TK - they work.

That seems to be it. I took one domain where I had two accounts, verified it would not auto populate (or offer which account to select like it used to do). I deleted one account in TK, went to the domain in the browser and it auto filled just fine.

(my TK version 1.35.0.4721)

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Hi Martin

The TK version extension version on my Firefox is 1.35.2.4942 and I have 3 logins saved under Yahoo domain, for which I get a choice to select the account with which I want to login. Please remove the extension and add it either from the True Key application or by going to https://www.truekey.com/onboard/ and then check if it lets you select an account to login.

Regards

Farhan

trueme
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Hi Farhan,

So I removed the addon and reinstalled via /onboard. Received the same version back (same as you). I disabled all other addon's, cleared cache and restarted. Still the same. No choice on multiple accounts. Are you running 32bit or 64bit Firefox? And BTW this is on a second Win10 desktop I own, so for me this is happening on two different PC's - both running Win10 and FF 64bit.

Thanks,

Martin

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11

Hello Martin

I have tested the functionality on 2 Win 10 machines and they worked fine. Both are 32bit OS running FF 32bit. I will check in a 64 bit OS with FF 64bit and update if I observe the same issue.

Regards

Farhan

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 11

Good morning Martin,

Let me know if you are still seeing issues.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community