Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 9

FireFox extension missing

Jump to solution

I downloaded the MS Edge Chromium extension for True Key and set the acocunt up, populated with passwords, all seemed OK.

Then needed to install the Firefox extension. From the McAfee site it detected the FF browser and proceeded to download not an extension but the TrueKEy.exe file. I tried a few times but it recurred. So I installed this .exe anyway and linked to the TK account, but there is still no TK extension in FF.

Even in the browser section of the TK program there are no browsers detected at all, not even Edge where TK is already installed. I've removed and re-installed several times, but no luck.

What's happening and what's the solution please?

I''m using Livesafe, pre-installed on a week old Thinkpad. This is REALLY annoying, wasted a lot of time on this over the weekend.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

Re: FireFox extension missing

Jump to solution

Good morning,

So let me get this straight, when you were inside LiveSafe you clicked on the True Key tile and that prompted an install of the .exe? so basically, you weren't redirected to truekey.com on your browser.

If that is the case, I will need to check the redirection that seems to be wrong, concerning the Firefox TK extension, if you are in fact running the executable app, have you checked within the True Key app settings- App Settings- Enable browser extensions => for the Firefox extension?

Finally, if you open the Firefox browser and go to "www.truekey.com", does it offer you to install the FF TK extension?

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Let me ask you,  so I can better understand what is going on. You installed the desktop app instead of extension first (where the TK app opens and lives within the browser), what was the reason of doing this?

I am asking this because we are going to be moving away in the near future of the desktop app (.exe package) and keep only extension first (either on Edge on Chromium, Chrome or Firefox).

This leads me to my second point, you should be able to install the True Key Firefox extension by going on to www.truekey.com from your Firefox browser.

Let me know how that goes,

Thanks,

Marc D.

cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

That's exactly what I did - was directed to that site by Livesafe. But the there was no extension of offer, just downloading of the TrueKey install.exe.

Went to the Mozilla addon site, no TrueKey there.

Is it avaialable as an etention from elsewhere?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Good morning,

So let me get this straight, when you were inside LiveSafe you clicked on the True Key tile and that prompted an install of the .exe? so basically, you weren't redirected to truekey.com on your browser.

If that is the case, I will need to check the redirection that seems to be wrong, concerning the Firefox TK extension, if you are in fact running the executable app, have you checked within the True Key app settings- App Settings- Enable browser extensions => for the Firefox extension?

Finally, if you open the Firefox browser and go to "www.truekey.com", does it offer you to install the FF TK extension?

Thanks,

Marc D.

cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

I followed your link and it works! Installed FF extension no problem.

I can't retrace my exact steps, not least I don't want to screw up the fact that it's now working, but I might possibly have been re-directed to a sub-domain of McAfee for TrueKEy, but I cannot say for sure. However, the LifeSafe version is from Lenovo so perhaps it's to do with that.

Thanks.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad that it works now, so you got the True Key Firefox extension from the settings-app settings and enable browser FF extension or going to truekey.com from the FF browser?

Thanks,

Marc D.

cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

I followed your precise instructions by clicking on your truekey.com link in this discussion thread, which directed me to via the FF browser to download the extension, rather than being offered the truekey.exe as per all previous visits using FF.

Chilibud
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on a Dell pc, Windows 10. There is no extension for firefox. Works fine with Chrome. I can manually  add it to Firefox but everytime I close Firefox I have to re-log in True Key. When I use the link in your solution it just directs me to install True Key again which I tried several times. I even uninstalled Firefox, cleared all caches and reinstalled. same problem. Very annoying. I called tech and he said to call Dell. How is this a Dell problem?

cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why this is marked "solved", because it never was. Perhaps I just gave up in frustration.

I am using another solution now, in fact I reverted to LastPass and it works really well. It costs me a few dollars, but it works and without pain.

McAfee seem to have given up on developing and properly supporting True Key, it's a pity.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community