Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 27

Re: FireFox 64 lag when clicking, scrolling, selecting and typing

Hi Peter,

You are absolutely correct, as the extension first on Chrome and Firefox will be the only optimized app mode for True Key. As of now we are investigating different reports on the performance of our Firefox extension, while I have advised a few tweaks to the user that started this thread, I am still waiting to hear back from him on the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Pettor
Contributor
Message 22 of 27

I found a page that always triggers insane slow down due to TrueKey in Firefox:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070930043233/http://www.svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=69785&lid=Musik...

Firefox always displays that TrueKey is the reason for page not loading and as soon as I press "stop script" the page loads instantly.

To be honest the slow downs is severe and must be fixed or I have to change password manager.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 27

Hi Peter,

This is the first time we have been provided with a specific webpage that is not loading correctly.

Let me check this script issue and see how this could be related to the general lag with the True Key extension on Firefox you and others have reported.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 24 of 27

Hi Peter,

There is indeed a performance issue with this webpage and generaly we have also found a lag issue related to our Firefox extension that we are able to reproduce it.

It is now up to our development team to apply this fix on upcoming release, as soon as I have a tiemline for this patch or fix release, I will update this thread.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 27

Hi Allan,

We found a performance/lag issue using the Firefox True Key extension and we are able to reproduce it.

It is now up to our development team to apply this fix on upcoming release, as soon as I have a timeline for this patch or fix release, I will update this thread.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Pettor
Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Great, and thanks for the update! Looking forward to try it out 🙂

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 27

Hi Petter,

As soon as a a date will be decided to release the fix for this issue I will let you know.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community