Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 28

Re: Finger Print not available as Advanced Authentication method any more

Hi Steve,

As promised, last details I have received concerning the Windows Hello integration release we are on target to release it next September 8. I will confirm next week if indeed it was released.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 22 of 28

Thanks' Marc, I assume it hasn't been released yet ?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 28

Hi Akurit,

Well we are done releasing to the backend as well to the Firefox TK extension, we are since yesterday releasing to the Chrome and new Edge TK extensions, my guess is that we should be done by Friday but I have asked earlier for confirmation just to be sure.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 24 of 28

Good morning,

I wanted to give you a quick idea on where we are with the new Windows Hello release. As of now, we have completely released Edge and Firefox extensions. We are still in progress for the Chrome extension.

I will let you know once this is also complete.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 25 of 28

Thanks' Marc for the update. What about the Windows client ? will this include the Windows Hello integration ? the current version I have installed is 6.2.110.8

Cheers

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 26 of 28

Hi Steve,

I am sure you have seen my posts here talking about our True Key windows app that will be ending support for by January 2021 for the benefit of the True Key extensions on the Chrome, Firefox and new Edge browsers.

This is why we did not integrate Windows Hello with Windows True Key app, just did not make sense to do it for a few months.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 28

Good morning Steve,

As I said last week, the last element for the Windows hello integration is to have it released to the True Key Chrome extension, we have submitted this to Chrome and we are waiting for their review and approval so it can be published to production. I wanted you to have the latest info I obtained today.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 28

Hi Steve,

I just received notification that the Windows Hello build integration with True Key is now live in the Chrome store.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community