Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 28

Re: Finger Print not available as Advanced Authentication method any more

Good morning,

I have been also promising the implementation of Windows Hello since last year, last week I asked again to the different teams looking to finally fix this and the possible date when this will be implemented is in June.

I will keep on pressing to make sure that this gets done soon or at least we have updates as to when it could be done.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 28

Hi Marc

any news on this update ?

Cheers

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 28

Good morning Steve,

Absolutely, we are in the last steps of preparing the Windows Hello True Key integration, after it passes QA verification we should be good to release it within the next app update.

We are targeting this release to come out mid-July.

Thanks,

Marc D. 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 14 of 28

Hi Marc

Any news on when this new update will be released ? You initially said January 2020 the mid July 2020 still no update.....

Regards

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 28

Good morning Steve,

Received confirmation that Windows Hello True Key integration is ready, team is looking for a release date but they told me to expect it this month.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 16 of 28

thanks' Marc for the confirmation. How will we know when and where the update is available. The current windows version doesn't have a "Check for updates" feature.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 28

Good morning,

The reason for that is that True Key on a Windows system gets updated in the background, so as soon as the update is ready to be released it will get to your system.

Nonetheless, I will update you on this thread when the update is ready to be released, I think it is the least I can do since you have been waiting patiently for this update integration.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 28

Thanks' Marc

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 19 of 28

Hi Marc

It looks like the Windows TrueKey client has updated to version 6.2.109.2 but there isn't any change to the types of factors that I can use (i.e no Fingerprint). Can you please confirm if Windows Hello is support with this version of Truekey ?

Regards

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 28

Good morning Steve,

The release of the True Key Windows Hello integration is now going through QA testing, next week if all goes OK will release to our backend and the following week it will be released to our users.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community