cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 28

Finger Print not available as Advanced Authentication method any more

Hi, I have upgrade to the latest version of Truekey 6.1.125.1 and now the fingerprint option is not available for advanced authentication method. I am running Windows 10 and Windows hello finger print login works OK. This new version requires at least 2 factors for Authentication, "Master Password", "2nd Device" but no finger print option. Please advise if this is correct ?

27 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 28

Re: Finger Print not available as Advanced Authentication method any more

Fingerprint option have been removed a month back. I think you can use your email as an authentication factor in your computer. On your mobile devices you can use fingerprint. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 28

Hello,

So if I understand correctly, you mean that Win 10/ Windows hello fingerprint works well but you cannot add it to True Key as a security authentication factor, correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 28

yes that is correct finger print works for Windows Hello

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 28

Good morning,

Integration of fingerprint through Windows Hello and True Key is expected to happen very early in the new year.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 28

Hi Marc

Thank you for your reply. Can you be a little more specific as to the timing of this change.

Regards

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 28

Good morning,

I would love to be precise but as you probably understand there are different teams involved on this implementation and it would be hard to know it for sure.

Having said this, I expect it within the first weeks of January. As soon as I get a more definite update on this I will post it here.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 28

Hi Marc

any news on this update ?

Cheers

Steve

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 28

Good morning,

True Key integration with Windows hello should soon been release, I don't have the exact date but I really hope it is going to be soon.

Thanks,

Marc D.

AM-Ten
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

@marcd 

Do you have an update to share? Windows Hello support has been promised for a LONG time.

I'm a paying customer and expect advertised features to be provided.

Thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community