cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grizskier
Contributor II
Message 1 of 11

Feature Request: Yubikey security key factor

I would like to use True Key in Advanced lock mode.  However, if I do then I don't have full access to Wallet etc. when in Airplane mode or disconnected from the network.  Also, using another trusted device for authentication (ie between my laptop and phone) is awkward and inconvenient.  

A Yubikey security key can be used as a high secuity factor.  Either plug into laptop or NFC connected to phone.  This is now standard with US Gov, Google, Facebook, some banks and Password Vault programs.  Please advise when True Key will have this feature so that I don't need to migrate to a competitor's product.

Premium user.

10 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: Feature Request: Yubikey security key factor

Good morning,

I will find out how feasible is to add this feature suggestion to our roadmap and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Grizskier
Contributor II
Message 3 of 11

thank you... I look forward to your update

I believe this is a very strong form of authentication and supports multiples protocols such as FIDO2, U2F, Smart card, OTP

https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/?gclid=CjwKCAjwm-fkBRBBEiwA966fZI69E5K07ytk_Gn63AKd...

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 11

Hi Peter,

I still think that OTP devices are not that common in our ecosystem, as they get more common it will be hard not considering it's integration in our app.

Having said that and as I said previously as soon as I get any updates related to this iOTP device integration in our roadmap and will let you know.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Grizskier
Contributor II
Message 5 of 11

As a company and product that claims to be a leader in security and advocate for multifactor authentication that is ackwards logic to wait for this technology to be so prevalent that it is unavoidable.  You are creating an unnecessary chicken and egg situation.   

No use installing cell towers until most people have cell phones.

Lead progress, don't get dragged along by it kicking and screaming.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 11

Hi Peter,

I am in complete agreement with you and I also think integrating this kind of OTP device would be an awesome idea. I will be advocating for this within my development team for earlier adoption so it can be part of our application.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Grizskier
Contributor II
Message 7 of 11

Thank you.  I look forward to learning when it will be available.

Psyclic
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I know this is an older thread but wonder where it is at. I have a premium account but am looking to move over to LastPass if this feature isn't planned to come through

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 11

I can tell you that it is our implementation backlog but would not be able to provide an exact timeline as of when it would be implemented. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

Ultrahot
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Checking in again as to whether physical security keys like Yubikey are still planned to be supported by True Key. I think this would be a strong feature and would keep True Key in line with other password keepers which already have support.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community