cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBSDCA
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Face Lock not supported?

I have to enter my full password with the pixel 4 because you don't support facial recognition as a way to unlock. With the pixel 2 xl I was able to unlock with my thumb. I will be looking for a new password keeper that allows me to important passwords from this product. if anyone knows of one, please let me know.

2 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Face Lock not supported?

TrueKey is a better product as far I know. I I have used dashlane and also LastPass, and they are not as good as truekey. I was using truekey face unlock on my laptop and iPhone, but it has been stopped few months back. Don't know why. I now use fingerprint on my iPhone and it works fine. I think pixel supports fingerprint too so try using finger print.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Face Lock not supported?

Good morning,

While is true we have deprecated face biometric factor to unlock your True Key account, fingerprint login biometric factor work on mobile as long as it is natively supported by the device, so rule of thumb is if there is a fingerprint capability within your device, True Key should support it and use it to login to your account.

The reason why it used to work on the laptop and in Windows 10 is because you were using it through Windows Hello and last year Microsoft modified it and that affected our login capacity interaction, good news is that we will be releasing very soon a release that would have support for Windows Hello.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community