Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koltregaskes
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Export not working

Jump to solution

I'm trying to export my passwords from Tue Key but it is not working.  When I got to App Settings, select Export and type in my master password and submit nothing happens.

I've tried this on two different machines, via the Windows and browser apps and different browsers (Chrome and Brave) but it's the same result.

Can anyone please help?  I've been able to do this in the past.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Export not working

Jump to solution

Hi @koltregaskes,

The issue you are facing while trying to export your True Key data which is not working is due to a login credential of yours that has no password saved. Please change the view from Grid to List and go through all your logins and see if you have any logins credential that has no password saved. If you do have a login with password, please update the password or delete the login and then try again to export your True Key data which is work fine.

If that does not work, please do reply for further assistance on your issue with True Key export.

Thanks,
Felix.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @koltregaskes,

The issue you are facing while trying to export your True Key data which is not working is due to a login credential of yours that has no password saved. Please change the view from Grid to List and go through all your logins and see if you have any logins credential that has no password saved. If you do have a login with password, please update the password or delete the login and then try again to export your True Key data which is work fine.

If that does not work, please do reply for further assistance on your issue with True Key export.

Thanks,
Felix.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

koltregaskes
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  Why would it matter if there is no password?

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @koltregaskes,

If a password is missing for a particular login credential, True Key export will not work which will keep looping back to export the data again. You will need to either update the password for the login or delete the login if not needed to be able to export your True Key data.

Please follow the below link to better understand the steps;

You are unable to export your True Key profile data (https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?&id=TS102952.

Regards,
Felix.

nancyhooper
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hopefully the time spent posting this reply will help others.  I just spent 2 hours on the phone once again today, very nice tech, but he agreed I should move on to another password manager.  We have studied and deleted all logins with missing passwords and/or having a strange user name I had never tried to perform an export until McAfee was selling and installing their latest virus/password manager package.  Before downloading I suggested we make a backup(export) of all my passwords, which needed to be completed regardless. It did not work!

We have now been working on this problem for over 3 weeks. The final determination - The data must be corrupt and McAfee does not appear to have a way to identify the corrupt data.  I only have 397 passwords, which is a lot to manually enter to another password manager.  But; after the countless hours trying to fix iPhone issues and computer glitches with true key, that is the direction I am moving.  (I wish I had all those hours back to setup a new password manager.  Hopefully this advice will save another user countless hours.  If there are others out there with this issue don't waste all the time I have trying to fix something that appears unfixable(even agreed to my MacAfee tech this morning. 

I think this corrupt data began several years ago.  I was travelling and suddenly the true key app would no longer work on my iPhone.  Again, after spending many hours of frustrating research, chats and phone calls(that never occurred when promised and scheduled) I decided to give up on ever using the true key app on my iPhone and just use my computer. 

Hopefully this reply will not be deleted by McAfee and it will save another True Key user countless hours of wasted time. I recommend if you are having problems exporting data from true key and you cant get your app to work on your iPhone, move on to one of the other many password managers and start manually entering this instead of spending hours trying to fix something that is not fixable.

nancyhooper
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Also, alarming me now is the number of techs that have logged into my computer and have had full access to all my passwords.  If any of my accounts are hacked in the next month I will suspect the hacker is a McAfee support tech - scary

In the meantime i will be quickly changing all passwords

poorsailor
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm running into the same problem, I am using the extension in windows edge, I have also tried other browsers.  Is there any where I can find a solution?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community