cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigboz
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Export not working in any client version

When I click export and enter my master password, nothing happens.

I've tried:

Windows 10 / Desktop edition of True Key 5.3.138.1

Windows 10 / Chrome edition of True Key 3.1.9219

Arch Linux / Chrome edition of True Key 3.1.9219

I understand there should be either a prompt asking where the file should go or in the case of a browser extension, it should be downloaded. Nothing happens however.

7 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Export not working in any client version

Good morning,

So you are running both modes with the True Key standalone desktop app and the Chrome extension where the launchpad opens in a web tab, right?

Is the export tool behaving the same way for both TK modes, meaning nothing happens after entering your master password int he export tool window?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

bigboz
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I've since tried stand alone versions of both dekstop and extension on seperate computers. Same problem.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hi there,

The reason why i am asking this is that we are aware and currently investigating the export issue using the True Key Chrome extension and as I said in the previous post I will let you know once I get more updates on this.

But the issue using the export with the standalone desktop True Key app has not been reported recently to me.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

bigboz
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Marc. I await your investigation.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Good morning,

In your extension first True Key app opening on your Chrome browser, can you verify something for me, please go to your launchpad, change the view of all your stored logins so you can list them and check if you have any logins added manually that have no password inside.

We found that in certain instances in extension first, if you add a login with no password, the export tool won't behave as expected. If this the case, please delete this login or add a temp password and try again to export the data.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Good morning,

I just wanted to remind you that I sent you a workaround this week to get around the issue you had with the export tool, basically just making sure that all your logins passwords fields are filled.

Let me know if you are able to test this and fixes your problem.

Thanks,

Marc D.

James_
Contributor III
Message 8 of 8

When I click export it prompts to save the file and saves it but when i open the file it hasn't got any data / logins filled in so it is not saving my logins.Can you send me the workaround so that I can save my logins as back up.I am using the latest desktop version and the latest chrome extension.It did use to save them ok but now I am without a back up due to it writing an empty file as back up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community