cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

Export logins not working ,saves the file but the file has no data in it (no login name or password)

Hi ,i have been saving my data by using the export data option.i have been doing this regular as I add more logins to my account ,however some time recently the export data option does not work.

When I choose export data now it simply writes an empty file without logins,url's and passwords ,whilst doing this it has now overwritten my backup with a useless file containing no information in it.

Is there a way to back up my logins and passwords by another method as I do not like having no back up of my logins ,disasters happen with computers sometimes so I would like to get a back up sorted asap.

I am using the latest chrome extension and the latest desktop app of true key. 

5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Export logins not working ,saves the file but the file has no data in it (no login name or passw

Hi James,

There is no other way to automatically export/back-up your data to your local computer.

Having said that, let me better understand the issue you are seeing. You said that you are using the desktop standalone app mode and not the extension first where the launchpad (where all your logins are) is within a web browser tab, correct?

Also, when you exported file (.csv) there is nothing there, no data at all?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

James_
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

Re: Export logins not working ,saves the file but the file has no data in it (no login name or passw

I have tried using the desktop app and the chrome extension (both latest).When I click export the file which it exports has the headers and columns listed but there is no data for any of my logins at  all in this file. It used to work before the latest chrome extension got updated but now I am at a loss as to how to save my logins as a backup ,unfortunately as well when doing a backup of my data it has overwritten my last valid backup with empty data and now I am without any backup at all.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi James,

What is the version of True Key you are running.

Besides running True Key on your Windows desktop, do you have it running in any other device?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

James_
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

Just to update you ,I reinstalled the desktop app and now export the csv file is working complete with the missing data.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Awesome James, that was going to be my next recommendation to reinstall your desktop client app. It looks like your app got corrupted after the latest update.

Anyways, I am glad that it is working now.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community