Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosueLuna
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Export feature not working, True Key

Jump to solution

That's it, that totally solved the problem, let's consider this issue closed, thanks for your kind support!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 18

Jump to solution

Awesome Josue, very glad it works now as expected.

Please don't hesitate to reach out in case of any issues going forward.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

abirch
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Jump to solution

Thanks Marc,
This resolved the export problem for me.  
However, I encounter numerous annoying problems with TrueKey, and this does not give me great confidence in the quality of the product as a password manager.  McAfee needs to do much better very soon or I will find another product.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 18

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting me know, if you want to provide more details on the issues you encountered perhaps we can do something to make them better.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

nancyhooper
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Jump to solution

what was "it" that fixed the problem - I have spent countless hours on the phone and in message chats--noone at mcafee seems to be able to solve the export issue for me

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I just saw your post, I am not sure what it means that support made you delete any logins not being in regular  use in your safe notes. In reality, I just need that you check your launchpad, change the view of all your stored logins so you can list them and check if you have any logins added manually that has no password inside.

We found that in extension first, if you add a login with no password, the export tool won't behave as expected. If this the case, please delete this login or add a temp password and try again to export the data.

Also, let me know if you are using True Key desktop app or one of our browsers extensions to do the export (and let me know which one).

Thanks,

Marc D.

nancyhooper
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Jump to solution

Hey Marc,

Hopefully the time spent posting this reply will help others.  I just spent 2 hours on the phone once again today, very nice tech, but he agreed I should move on to another password manager.  We have studied and deleted all logins with missing passwords and/or having a strange userid. I had never tried to perform an export until McAfee was selling and installing their latest virus/password manager package.  Before downloading I suggested we make a backup(export) of all my passwords, which needed to be completed regardless. It did not work!

We have now been working on this problem for over 3 weeks. The final determination - The data must be corrupt and McAfee does not appear to have a way to identify the corrupt data.  I only have 397 passwords, which is a lot to manually enter to another password manager.  But; after the countless hours trying to fix iphone issues and computer glitches with true key, that is the direction I am moving.  (I wish I had all those hours back to setup a new password manager.  Hopefully this advice will save another user countless hours.  If there are others out there with this issue don't waste all the time I have trying to fix something that appears unfixable(even agreed to my MacAfee tech this morning. 

I think this corrupt data began several years ago.  I was travelling and suddenly the true key app would no longer work on my iphone.  Again, after spending many hours of frustrating research, chats and phone calls(that never occurred when promised and scheduled) I decided to give up on ever using the true key app on my iphone and just use my computer. 

Hopefully this reply will not be deleted by McAfee and it will save another True Key user countless hours of wasted time. I recommend if you are having problems exporting data from true key and you cant get your app to work on your iphone, move on to one of the other many password managers and start manually entering this instead of spending hours trying to fix something that is not fixable.

nancyhooper
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Jump to solution

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community