Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosueLuna
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Export feature not working, True Key

Jump to solution

I'm not being able to export my passwords to a CSV file using the export feature, I go through the whole process, type my password to confirm and the file never starts to download. My true key extension & chrome browser are up to date, and no other extension seems to be interfering, any suggestions? (link to animated gif showing the issue)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 18

Re: Export feature not working, True Key

Jump to solution

Hi Josue,

In your extension first True Key app opening on your Chrome browser, can you verify something for me, please go to your launchpad, change the view of all your stored logins so you can list them and check if you have any logins added manually that has no password inside.

We found that in extension first, if you add a login with no password, the export tool won't behave as expected. If this the case, please delete this login or add a temp password and try again to export the data.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Can you please provide your True Key version? Are you opening True Key as a standalone desktop app or through the browser (which opens your logins launchpad on a web tab)?

Finally let me know the browser you are using as well as the True Key web extension version.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

JosueLuna
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Jump to solution
Hi! Thank you for your promt response.
I'm using True Key through chrome, the version i Have is 3.1.9219 (as shown below, I'm also incluiding an animated GIF), and my chrome version is 73.0.3683.103 64 bits.
Best.

image.pngunnamed.png

truekey-xport-issue.gif

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

I appreciate all this information Josue, I will investigate what is going on and will get back to you with my findings as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Josue,

I want to confirm something, you are opening the True Key launchpad where all the logins are stored on the Chrome web browser tab and not on the desktop correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

JosueLuna
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

Yes, I’m opening True Key as a chrome extension, to be honest, I didn’t know there was a desktop version.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming this, we have a desktop standalone mode but we will be phasing it out to only prioritize and support True Key using a web extension (Edge, Chrome or Firefox).

Thanks,

Marc D.

JosueLuna
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Jump to solution

Awesome!

Meanwhile, is there any action I should take to resolve the export issue?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

Let me investigate the issue first Josue and will get back to you as soon as I can and will let you know what the next steps will be to resolve this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Josue,

In your extension first True Key app opening on your Chrome browser, can you verify something for me, please go to your launchpad, change the view of all your stored logins so you can list them and check if you have any logins added manually that has no password inside.

We found that in extension first, if you add a login with no password, the export tool won't behave as expected. If this the case, please delete this login or add a temp password and try again to export the data.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community