Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codysydney
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Expand on this Blog please - Face is being removed

Jump to solution

Hi,

So we're losing face recognition (which I use) and Internet Explorer compatibility (which I don't) and the reason given is "to deliver exciting new features".  That seems like the exact opposite of what you're doing.  You're taking away useful old features.  What are these wonderful new things that are so good we're supposed to be distracted from the fact you're ripping good stuff OUT of True Key?

Looking forward to finding out what amazing things are in store in September that you've not told us about yet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 11

Re: Expand on this Blog please - Face is being removed

Jump to solution

For your information we have re-enabled back face recognition for desktop for signing in into our application. If it does not work right away and you are not prompted to use the face to sign in, please sign in with your master password and sign out from TK and on the next sign in it should prompt you to use your face to enter the application. We will be sending communications/blog posts to better guide you on the direction we are taking and how some of the security factors might be impacted.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

I will make a effort to contact a expert from the True Key Team on your behalf.

​  Could you kindly add to the discussion please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
squonk_109
Contributor III
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

It looks like Apple Apple Touch ID won't be supported either ? I have a complex password.. not going to be easy to enter this on the phone.

Also FYI, the email was interpreted a SPAM by Yahoo.

I have to agree, this is not "exciting" at all.

Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

"

"Also FYI, the email was interpreted a SPAM by Yahoo"

What email may I ask? Certainly not mine...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
squonk_109
Contributor III
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Rogers (Canadian ISP) usings Yahoo, so it may have been limited to Rogers customers

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

I see...Thank you.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
codysydney
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Agree buddy.  Our master passwords SHOULD be a pain to enter because if you want one thing to be secure, THAT's the thing.  So face / touch / print is essential on mobile, and mobile is a massive chunk of the market.  There has to be some solid reason to get rid of the features, would just like to know what it is.

If the problem is the face recognition is too insecure and Windows Hello closes that loop, I guess that would make sense.  But "We're removing this fundamental feature to deliver something new" is leaving me pretty cold

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment at this point on what is coming up and the direction we are taking that would ultimately make face and fingerprint not supported security factors.

As an additional security factor when connection from a desktop, you can always use a second device to increase the security level by sending a notification to your mobile device, for added protection when signing in to accounts. You'll need to accept the notification before the True Key app will sign you in.

I know this might not be enough information but please be patient and in the next few weeks you will have a greater picture on the direction True Key is taking.

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

For your information we have re-enabled back face recognition for desktop for signing in into our application. If it does not work right away and you are not prompted to use the face to sign in, please sign in with your master password and sign out from TK and on the next sign in it should prompt you to use your face to enter the application. We will be sending communications/blog posts to better guide you on the direction we are taking and how some of the security factors might be impacted.

Thanks,

Marc D.

codysydney
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Cool thanks, sounds like someone will be taking some "Lessons Learned" away from that product release cycle!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community