cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Emailaddress TrueKey

I'm hoping someone can help me as McAfee support cannot seem to tackle the problem.

Here's the situation. My Truekey user-ID is an emailaddress. This emailaddress will stop. However, McAfee uses this emailaddress to send verificationcodes to. Therefore I want to change the emailaddress of my TrueKey account.

According to McAffee the only possible way seemed to be to create an new Truekey account, to activate Truekey with the new account, migrate my passwords etc. from the old account to the new account. After finishing the migration, my old account would be deleted.  

To allow me to use Truekey with my new account McAffee have tried to:

1) let me use my TrueKey activation code for a second time - It failed (it had already been used, by me of course🙂)

2) Provide me with a new activation code - it failed (it had already been used, by whom I don't know). 

They did provide me with a McAffee Total Protection key since TrueKey was now part of MTP. However, I only need TrueKey and I don't intend to pay the MTP fees.

Finally the told me TrueKey would be discontinued and that my automatic renewal would not work and that TrueKey would stop working at the end of my subscription.

In the meantime McAffee support have succesfully removed TrueKey and the activation code from my McAffee account. 

Quite a long story and I don't know if it makes any sense but I have the following questions:

Has anyone found a solution to change the email address in the TrueKey account?

Will TrueKey stop working at the end of my subscription?

Thanks.

4 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 5

Re: Emailaddress TrueKey

Hi @Maarten1,

Greetings from McAfee.

Please contact our technical support using the link below for resolving this issue.

McAfee Chat Support

Cheers,
Krishnamanikandan KS

Maarten1
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi Krishnamanikandan,

Thanks for reaching out. Thus far chats, phone calls en emails with McAfee support have been unsuccessful but I will try again and contact them this Friday.

Regards, Maarten

Maarten1
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi Krishnamanikandan,

As you advised I contacted McAfee support again. It did not solve the problem and it didn't answer my question. 

It puzzles me why two support staff tried to provide me with True Key activation codes (neither of which worked), why a third staff member tells me my True Key app will stop at the end of my subscription. And today your colleague knows that True Key is not continued as a separate product anymore. But if True Key will stop working ...?

It also made me wonder why you advised me to contact McAfee support again.

It would be nice if McAfee informed True Key users what will happen when they want to renew their subscription. I still don't know what will happen. Will it stop working or what?

To be on the safe side I’ll switch to another password manager. I cannot take the risk that True Key will stop working and I don’t want to be forced into an expensive McAfee Total Protection subscription.

Regards, Maarten 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

hello,

i found the following service article about Truekey as a standalone product being End of Life.

link;

McAfee KB - You’re no longer able to purchase a standalone True Key subscription (TS103268)

this probably explains the situation i hope.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community