cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserNameHere
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

Does McAfee have an idea of when True Key will be working again?

I have not been able to use True Key in any browser for a few weeks now and the mobile app connects to the server intermittently, at best. I know there are others who are having the same experience. The product doesn't have much value if it cannot be used. How many sprints do you think the devs need to fix this issue? I am trying to decide if I should just ditch McAfee and go for another password manager. Thanks.

7 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 8

Re: Does McAfee have an idea of when True Key will be working again?

Dear Customer,

Greetings from McAfee!

We regret for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

UserNameHere
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

Just give us all an idea of what is going on and when McAfee thinks things will be working again. 

UserNameHere
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

I just saw in another thread that this has been an issue since at least January of 2021. McAfee, we are paying customers. 

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 5 of 8

Dear Customer,

Greetings from McAfee!

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Please respond to the private message to take this forward.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

UserNameHere
Contributor II
Message 6 of 8

Hi,  I am not sure why you want me to respond privately. This is a matter that is happening to a lot of users and I am sure a lot of users would find it helpful to also know what is going on with this issue that McAfee has been aware of since at least January 2021. Anything that we could discuss in private, I feel comfortable discussing in this thread. Thanks. 

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 7 of 8

Dear Customer,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

McAfee is aware of above True key issue and Engg. team is working on it to fix the issue at earliest. We will keep you posted with updates.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

UserNameHere
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the reply. It must be a pretty serious issue if it is taking months to fix. Hopefully, the Engg team finds a solution soon. I think that those of us who pay for True Key are sorely disappointed with McAfee right now. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community