Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codysydney
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Delete truekey account??

Hi,

I want to delete my actual TrueKey account, so I know my login data is no longer stored on McAfee servers.

There is ZERO information about this locatable on Truekey's site.  The support chat people wasted half an hour of my time then referred me to the Privacy details URL. 

Now that I've moved to Sticky Passwords, how can I delete the Truekey account?

(Note you can't even delete multiple accounts within Truekey so other than going one by one and confirming each, I don't seem to have an option.)

3 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Delete truekey account??

Good morning Cody,

I am not sure why you were directed to the privacy URL but regarding your assets on our servers I do want to explain more in detail the security on how these are stored and retrieved.

The True Key app is based on a zeroknowledge architecture with respect to users' passwords and wallet items (including safe notes). This means that the True Key app's Internet-based servers have no access to these assets, and that no McAfee employee has any access to these assets. This is achieved through the True Key app's underlying cryptosystem, the system of cryptographic measures that the True Key app uses to encrypt each user's assets and to authenticate users.

When a user has successfully logged in to the True Key app as described above, the True Key servers synchronize the user's passwords and wallet data to the client in encrypted form. The True Key client must then decrypt the data that was sent.

When the user adds, changes, or deletes password or wallet data, the True Key app re-encrypts the data using the same process on the user's own device, and transmits the new encrypted data to the True Key servers, where it is protected for backup purposes and available for synchronization to the user's other devices.

The True Key servers store only strongly encrypted passwords and wallet items, encrypted for each user with a Master Password known only to the user plus a salt value that is unique for each user. For this reason, in the unlikely event that an attacker were able to gain access to the True Key servers, the attacker would face the laborious, resource-intensive task of a separate brute force attack attempt on each user's AES encrypted user data. In other words, an attacker could not attempt to brute force the data of all users simultaneously, but would need to invest the massive resources required for a brute force attack again for each True Key user.

I know this is probably very detailed but thought this can benefit others as well since the security architecture is extremely important to us.

Having said all that, I can get your account deleted and should normally take no more than 48 hours, you can please provide me with your True Key email address for your account and I will do what is required to get it done.

You can also send me an email to truekeysupport@mcafee.com as I wanted to gather more information on the issues you had recently.

Thanks,

Marc D.

leovmt
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Why dont you simply include an option so that the user can delete his account on his own? This doesnt sound right....

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi Leo,

Great suggestion that I will encourage you to send to our ideas forum for Consumer product suggestions:https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community