cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSLon
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Constantly crashes on Galaxy Note 9

Has anybody experienced the same? No problem on other systems, just on a brand new Galazy Note 9. 

9 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: Constantly crashes on Galaxy Note 9

We are aware of some crashes related to the Samsung devices with Android 8.0+

I can tell you that we are investigating this trying to isolate the cause of these crashes, if you would like to test our alpha/ beta build, you can send me your gmail email address to "truekeysupport@mcafee.com" and I will add you on this program.

Thanks,

Marc D.

MSLon
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hope this will help resolve the problem. I get a notification on my Galaxy Note 9 a few times a day that True Key application stopped working and had to be closed. It wasn’t while I was using it but when it was in the background. No other application has done that. I even sent the log once (the notification asks about it) but considering sensitive information held by True Key, I am not comfortable with sending the log all the time.

The consequence of True Key stoping working is that I need to sign in each time after it happens. 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

OK I can understand that, please send me an email to "truekeysupport@mcafee.com" with your True Key account email address.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 10

If anybody is still getting the random crashes on their Android devices, please send me their gmail address to "truekeysupport@mcafee.com" so they can be added to our Beta program where soon will have a beta version that should not having these crashes.

Please note that we do require a Gmail email address to access the Play Store to download our Beta True Key build.

Thanks,

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 10

To make things easier, soon I will be providing you with a donwload link to the beta build version in the Play Store so you download it and test it.

Thanks,

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 10

If you are seeing these random crashes with the TK app on your mobile, please be aware that we have uploaded a Beta version on the Play Store.

I would encourage you to go to the Play Store, search for True Key and go down on the developper information to join the True Key Beta program. You will be enrolled in a few minutes, ypu might need to refresh it, once you go back on the True Key app on your Play Store you will see that you have joined the Beta program and will have a link to update your present version build to a Beta build.

Once this is done, please be sure to provide us with feedback from the developer Play Store app.

Thanks,

We have pushed the 4.1.1.0 build to BETA. User can manually join BETA program through google play and update it. User can leave the program when something goes wrong with BETA build.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 10

If you are still seeing these random crashes with the TK app on your mobile, please be aware that we have uploaded a Beta version on the Play Store.

I would encourage you to go to the Play Store, search for True Key and go down on the developper information to join the True Key Beta program.

You will be enrolled in a few minutes, you might need to refresh it, once you go back on the True Key app on your Play Store you will see that you have joined the Beta program and will have a link to update your present version build to a Beta build.

Once this is done, please be sure to provide us with feedback from the developer Play Store app, we will use this feedback with our future releases.

Thanks,

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 10

For those of you that have experienced random crashes with True Key on your Android device, please note that we are now releasing a new version on the Play Store, you should be seeing an update to the app in  the next few days once the new release is available for you to download.

Special thanks to the ones that tested our Beta version and confirmed not getting the random crashes on the Beta version.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

I just wanted to check with you if you have had any issues since we released True Key on Android new version (4.1.1.0).

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community