Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grammy
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Changing Email associated with TrueKey

Jump to solution

The email address associated with Truekey needs to be changed. I can see where I can change my password, but it won't allow me to change the email address. I have changed it on the McAfee account, so it is just TrueKey that is the problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grammy
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Re: Changing Email associated with #TrueKey

Jump to solution

Quite some time ago (over a year ago) I asked for help changing the email adress I am using for TrueKey as I want to get rid of the original email address. No one seemed to know how to do this. I have recently discovered the answer and have successfully implemented the procedure.

1. In settings, export your current TrueKey information. It will be a csv file located in your DOWNLOAD directory.

2. Log out of your current TrueKey account.

3. Then LogIn, create a new account. Create one with the new email address. Confirm the email address.

4.Then log back into the new account, and IMPORT the csv file. 

My original #TrueKey was Premium, but new one came up as a Freemium, limiting my number of login

5. Go to your McAfee Account and copy the LiveSafe Key from the manage your subscriptions in the Account Info area.

6. Return to Truekey, click on Freemium and paste the LiveSafe Key in the appropriate place.

Should be all set to go now. I am leaving both TrueKey accounts open for awhile, just in case.

Please post this in the hope that this helps someone else!

Grammy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing Email associated with TrueKey

Jump to solution

Hi @Grammy 

We have sent you a private message. Pls respond to proceed further.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Grammy
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Re: Changing Email associated with TrueKey

Jump to solution

I replied the private message with a date and time: 1/31 @ 8 pm eastern, and gave my phone number. However I did not receive a call.

Grammy
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Re: Changing Email associated with #TrueKey

Jump to solution

Quite some time ago (over a year ago) I asked for help changing the email adress I am using for TrueKey as I want to get rid of the original email address. No one seemed to know how to do this. I have recently discovered the answer and have successfully implemented the procedure.

1. In settings, export your current TrueKey information. It will be a csv file located in your DOWNLOAD directory.

2. Log out of your current TrueKey account.

3. Then LogIn, create a new account. Create one with the new email address. Confirm the email address.

4.Then log back into the new account, and IMPORT the csv file. 

My original #TrueKey was Premium, but new one came up as a Freemium, limiting my number of login

5. Go to your McAfee Account and copy the LiveSafe Key from the manage your subscriptions in the Account Info area.

6. Return to Truekey, click on Freemium and paste the LiveSafe Key in the appropriate place.

Should be all set to go now. I am leaving both TrueKey accounts open for awhile, just in case.

Please post this in the hope that this helps someone else!

Grammy

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community