Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 1 of 25

Cannot change lock preference from basic to advanced

Jump to solution

I have installed True Key on a new mobile and cannot change the lock preference from Basic to Advanced.. An information message is shown "While offline, sign in  isn't available with advanced security settings". The phone is connected to the internet and the device is marked as trusted device. What can I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 25

Re: Cannot change lock preference from basic to advanced

Jump to solution

Ok what you are seeing is a normal experience. I do also have a grayed activate button and this would change only when you make a change with these security factors checks. You can try yourself un-checking these security factors and you will see the active button becoming blue to accept the new change.

So as it stands now, you have of course activate it the PC Firefox security factor as a trusted device from there this application was installed, have the master password as well and finally the second device.

So in other words, as long as you don't make any changes, the activate button does not need to become blue to push a new change, it will only do so once you make a change on these security settings.

Thanks,
Marc D.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 25

Jump to solution

Hi @lvbaal 

Please make sure your TrueKey is upto date by checking through Play store or App store and restart your mobile and reconnect your internet connection. If still issue persist, please uninstall and reinstall TrueKey application.

Note: Before uninstalling TrueKey, please make sure you know your TrueKey Master Password to re-login. 

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 3 of 25

Jump to solution

Hello and thanks for your support.

I performed the steps you suggest but unfortunately I am still stuck. Please advise further

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 25

Jump to solution

Good morning,

So you reinstalled True Key on your phone and you are still seeing the same error message when trying to switch from basic to advance in the security settings?

Can you please provide more information on the mobile device you are using, OS version, make and model of the device, True Key app version installed on your phone, etc.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 25

Jump to solution

Also, is the offline message only seen when changing the security settings lock from basic to advance or anywhere else in the app?

Getting an offline message is always indicative of a network issue (local or on the server side) but it normally is seen across the app starting when you re logging in to the application, in fact, it should advise you that you are logging in in offline mode, is this what you are seeing?

Thanks,

Marc D.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 6 of 25

Jump to solution

Hi and thanks again.

Yes I re-installed the app. Version is 5.0.2.0. I'm on a Oneplus 8 Pro with stock rom. Android version 10.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 7 of 25

Jump to solution

And the offline message is only shown when I  try to change the lock preference from basic to advanced.

I cannot login when I switch the network off on the device. It says that it is not able to do so with advanced lock setting in combination with no network.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 25

Jump to solution

This is a very important point that needs to be clarified, when you try to login to True Key to go to your dashboard with all your logins, are you able to login normally?

Your security settings currently are set for basic and you are trying to change them to advanced, correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

lvbaal
Contributor II
Message 9 of 25

Jump to solution

Both: affirmative

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 25

Jump to solution

Ok, so the issue you are seeing happens only when you are trying to change your security lock settings from basic to advanced, but other than that the app functionality is working as expected, correct?

Can you please send a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when you try to change this security setting?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community