cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roger_W
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Can I run Total Protection True Key on 1 PC and a stand alone True Key on another?

Jump to solution

I have True Key as part of my Total Protection package and about to start using it.
However I also need to be able to use True Key on a works laptop so that I can sign in to personal websites etc when using the company laptop.
I cannot install Total Protection on the company laptop as it already uses other security packages so I am looking at finding a stand alone True Key to use on that laptop that will still sync with the Total Protection Tue Key that will be used on my personal devices.
I gather that t=stand alone True Key is discontinued and is now a browser extension
Will this browser extension fully sync with the full package True Key on my other devices?
All laptops run Windows 10 f that make any difference.
Any advice would be welcomed as I don't want to set up all my passwords and then not have access to them whilst on the company laptop

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 6

Re: Can I run Total Protection True Key on 1 PC and a stand alone True Key on another?

Jump to solution

Hi @Roger_W 

You can download the true key extension in any browser. Initially it will be a freemium subscription only. you can activate the same by copying the activation code from your McAfee account and paste it in to the truekey extension to activate it as a premium subscription for unlimited logins or passwords. 

Please follow the below steps to activate the truekey premium subscription

Go to home.mcafee.com> click on login > Enter your credentials>you will be able to see the active McAfee subscription listed > scroll down to see the truekey subscription associated with the McAfee subscription and activation code will be listed.. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can I run Total Protection True Key on 1 PC and a stand alone True Key on another?

Jump to solution

Hi @Roger_W 

Truekey native app has become End of Life so you can download the truekey extension on your browsers by visiting www.truekey.com/download. 

you can install the truekey extension in any of your devices like laptops and desktops and you can use the same credentials to sign in. 

How to download and install truekey 

Thanks

Roger_W
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Ah, right so all of True Key is now browser extension based - that makes sense.

The next question, then, is does the browser extension True Key still come as part of my Total Protection package or will I need to take out a new subscription for True Key?

I don't want to start using it and then find that after saving a certain number of passwords it stops working until a pay a subscription.

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Roger_W,

You don't have to pay for a new true key subscription if it is included along with your Total protection Package. Please do make sure it is included along with your Antivirus subscription package. You can find that information from your McAfee account page.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Roger_W 

You can download the true key extension in any browser. Initially it will be a freemium subscription only. you can activate the same by copying the activation code from your McAfee account and paste it in to the truekey extension to activate it as a premium subscription for unlimited logins or passwords. 

Please follow the below steps to activate the truekey premium subscription

Go to home.mcafee.com> click on login > Enter your credentials>you will be able to see the active McAfee subscription listed > scroll down to see the truekey subscription associated with the McAfee subscription and activation code will be listed.. 

Thanks

Roger_W
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks Guys.
I have it all running OK now on my personal laptops and also on my work laptop where it shares password duties with the password manager used for company work.

Just steadily building the password data base and cleaning the other reminders and Chrome held passwords

Been meaning to do this for years  and it is better already  🙂

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community