cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobtreitman
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Bank of America - TrueKey no longer working

My password is no longer populating on the Bank of America login screen. It used to work, but BofA changed something. My username appears but the password isn't filled in. I have to go into TrueKey and copy it, then paste it into the BofA screen.

19 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 20

Re: Bank of America - TrueKey no longer working

​  ​ Could you assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bobtreitman
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

True Key's chat rep (Savin) tells me,

True key will not work on banking site, financial site and government sites due to security factor setup on True key along with those websites.

Does that make any sense? It works with other financial sites.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 20

Hi Bob,

You actually hinted the issue here, websites keep regularly changing implementing new security measures or just with their website content, by doing so it breaks any external app integration such as True Key.

Please provide me with the exact URL you are trying to access and where the True Key automatic login is not working anymore and I can check if we can fix it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 20

Hi Bob,

I see that Marc has replied. If anyone can assist you, he can as he is a Expert on this Feature.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bobtreitman
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Thanks for replying. Yes, I appreciate that web site's change their login procedures from time to time, and that the changes might not be compatible with True Key. Link was in my original post -- it is https://www.bankofamerica.com/?page_msg=signoff&request_locale=en_US

snowbird_fl_il
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

I  have had the same problem with JPMorgan Chase for several weeks.   Have reported many times .   I would think that with some of the largest banks in the world they would be on top of fixing it.

wargunfan
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Marc,

I have the same problem for BOA and Chase Bank. Is there a fix to allow True Key to sign me in?

Thanks very much Markg

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 20

Hi Bob,

We are aware of this specific instant login that is not working with the True Key app, we are still looking at the best way to fix it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

SheriL
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

It worked up until the last update on October 28th??

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community