Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 30

Re: Backup of Safe Notes in TrueKey

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I cannot reproduce this issue which is very strange as it follows you on both extension first and standalone. Have you try using a different browser such as Firefox or Edge to see if the issue is the same?

Finally if it is, the only other thing left to try is your account itself, can you retry if everything else has failed, to create a new True Key account and see if you are able to to export successfully the Safe Notes after you create a few entries there?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

zkaps
Contributor
Message 12 of 30

Jump to solution

No need to create a second account.  I already have a second account and the problem occurs there also.

As far as trying a different browser.....tried MS-Edge but here the Export function is not visible.  Per a conversation I had with Felix (he appears in this thread), Export is not available yet in MS-Edge but will be in the near future.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 30

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Can you please confirm if in the exported .CSV file, your logins appeared all exported correctly and it is only missing the safe notes and wallet items.

Also, let me know the version of your Chrome browser.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

zkaps
Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Jump to solution

I have 176 logins and the export has 176 entries (rows) properly populated so they look good.  Key point for the Safe Notes in the export.

I have 42 Safe Notes and the export has 42 rows with "note" in col. A.  What's missing is the associated data, i.e., all columns for these 42 rows are blank.

Chrome version:  75.0.3770.100

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 30

Jump to solution

Good morning,

What version of True Key are you running?

Thanks,

Marc D.

zkaps
Contributor
Message 16 of 30

Jump to solution

TrueKey Version:  4.0.0.9243

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 30

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Can you please sign out and sign in back to TK chrome extension and then try for export.

If that does not work, please try to login with the same account of TK with the Firefox browser and try for export.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

zkaps
Contributor
Message 18 of 30

Jump to solution

I have been signing in and out of TK in Chrome all along so this is not the issue.

For Firefox, please let me know how to access TK from this browser.  I thought I could enable Firefox from within the TK Chrome instance  using "Enable browser extensions" but I don't see this in App Settings.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 30

Jump to solution

Good morning,

The reason why you are not seeing Firefox as a possible TK browser extension is because you are already running extension first where True Key is within the browser. In the standalone mode you can go to the True Key app settings and enable a browser extension such as Chrome or Firefox.

If you want to use Firefox to test this export functionality, you would need to go to your FF browser and download True Key from www.truekey.com and it will install extension first for Firefox.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

zkaps
Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Jump to solution

I installed the TK extension in FF as you recommended.  I started TK within the FF browser, tried an Export but the results are the same as Chrome.  Please let me know.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community