cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markpurnell
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Auto population of both username and password vs having to tell it to enter the username or password

Recently, the behavior of TrueKey change where it would no longer just autopopulate both login and password.   It happens a few times, but more often than not, I have to go through a series of clicks to tell it to enter the username and then again for the password.    It is like the application could no longer discern the difference on the forms and I have to drive it.    A lot more clicks than before!

What is the deal with this behavior?    Any explanation?

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Auto population of both username and password vs having to tell it to enter the username or password

Note: Removed from the Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Re: Auto population of both username and password vs having to tell it to enter the username or password

​ Any insight on this,or input from Support?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Would you be able to tell me if this happening on a specific URL or happening to all the URL's you are trying to connect to?

Thanks,

Marc D.

markpurnell
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Not all of them.   Most of the 150+ logins that I have stored behaves like this.    I can see where in some instances that i have multiple credentials for the same site,  I am asked as to which one I want to use, but after I have selected the appropriate credential, it behaves as though it doesn't know a Username field from a password field.  I have spoon feed it.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

The behavior you are reporting to me is rather strange. I would know if the auto fill/submit process is broken because a lot of other people would have experience the same which is definitely not what is happening now.

This is not to say that you have no issues but just that they are isolated to your environment (systems, TK versioning, etc.).

You could try to reload True Key and see if the client starts acting better.

Otherwise, we can certainly try to find the root cause of this issue that is affecting most of your logins.

Can you please let me know if you are using True Key on your desktop or on your browser (extension first- would open a browser tab when you launch your launchpad).

I would also need to know the TK version and the TK browser extension being used. Finally, I would need to know what is your system platform (Windows, MAC OSX, mobile device).

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community