cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_gorton
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

2nd device verification not working on any Android devices

2nd device verification has stopped working in the last 48hrs on all my listed android devices (six).

Apple device still works.

Is there an android api problem here?

5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: 2nd device verification not working on any Android devices

Let me know if the Android second authentication is still not working.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

mr_gorton
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

That is correct, still not working...Pixel 2 gives that did not work, Samsung S9, S10 no result.

Apple device  ok.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

We are investigating this, so the second authentication does not work on any of your 6 Android devices, right?

Also when you mentioned that for the S( & S10 you get no result, you mean you are not getting anything once you choose those specific devices, right?

Last question, you started noticing this issue on Monday, August 12 (last week)?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

mr_gorton
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Problem has now been rectified as of 23 August 2300 UTC. Can confirm that it is now working on all Android devices. Thanks for resolving. Yes the problem was first apparent to me around the 12th.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Good morning,

I am glad we resolved the issue for you and that it is now working.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community