Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 31 of 49

Re: 2 Factor Verification - Killing Me

Jump to solution

None yet, but we are investigating  it. We cannot reproduce it using the same environment as yours but I can assure you we'll continue trying to isolate the cause of this issue. 

As soon as we find anything I will let you know, I wanted you to know this instead of waiting until next Monday.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 32 of 49

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Did you already reinstalled True Key on your mobile device since you had this issue?

In case you haven't is OK, in case this might help another user was experiencing a very similar problem as yours and the issue was fixed after he logged in to  his True Key app on his PC and remove the 2nd device (mobile) and then re-added it again.

This can be done, by clicking on your name on the top part of your screen and click on trusted device "manage".

Let me know if this solves the issue,

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 33 of 49

Jump to solution

1) deleted and reloaded TK on my phone

2) removed iphone as a trusted device

3) Added it again.  Verified email to add the iphone as a trusted device again.

4) Signed out of TK, closed Firefox and opened again.  Clicked TK extension.  1st time it went to my phone for a swipe verification.  Second time I logged off and back on again it went to my email

5) GETTING FRUSTRATED !  A few more days and its on to another PW manager. and cancelling subscription.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 34 of 49

Jump to solution

I understand your frustration, but please understand that the issue you reported to us is probably specific to your environment, cannot be reproduced therefore harder to find the underlying cause.

I did asked you to load the Chrome browser as it is your Firefox browser the only thing left to test, if you still does not want to see if with Chrome you get a different experience I understand but it is the only thing that you can try to isolate.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 35 of 49

Jump to solution

OK, Chrome loaded.  How do I get the TK extension in it so I can run TK?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 36 of 49

Jump to solution

Good morning,

On Chrome you would just need to go to www.truekey.com and download the extension (extension first).

Then you can login in True Key from Chrome, ensured your security settings are the same and that you are sending the authentication to the 2nd device.

Then test and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 37 of 49

Jump to solution

Chrome installed; testing.  So far the verification is going to both email and cell phone at different logins.

Yesterday went to cell. Just now logged in and logged off - both times went to email.  Still not right.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 38 of 49

Jump to solution

Just click on TK in Chrome and all my saves URLs opened up without any authentication being sent to cell or email.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 39 of 49

Jump to solution

That could depend of the time out settings of TK in Chrome. Easy way to see this is by looking at the TK blue icon in your Chrome browser on the top right, if it is blue you are signed in to your account, if you sign out from TK you will see that this icon will turn black/red.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 40 of 49

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I checked again with my development team and they are still trying to reproduce the issue where you re not getting consistently the push notification on your second device.

It is an edge issue and therefore harder to replicate but just wanted to let you know that they are still trying to reproduce it and isolate the problem.

Best regards,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community