Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 41 of 49

Re: 2 Factor Verification - Killing Me

Jump to solution

Thank you for checking.  BTW, are you connected with Mcafee Tech Support?   I ask because I took the liberty of calling them about all this and was told that with the Advanced setting selected, TK will always go to email.  I found this to be strange since, as I've said, sometimes it will go to my cell phone.  So I'm not sure that info is correct.  They told be to use the Basic setting but with that once I sign in it goes straight to my saved websites without any confirmation sent.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 42 of 49

Jump to solution

It is most likely not correct what you were told, I am not part of the support, I am actually part of the engineering team so it is very likely they are missing some background information. The issue you experience it is definitively a bug, harder to isolate and reproduce.

The issue is not whether you change your security settings to basic or advanced, that wont change anything, in fact as per design the only reason why you are not consistently getting the push notification on your mobile device is really because the back end is not finding it available so it sends it to the email instead.

The big question is why is sending it to the email instead of your mobile device as the second device and that is precisely what we are trying to investigate.

It is a very lengthy process to investigate this as there could be multiple factors affecting this behavior and it is rather complex trying to have all this factors together, even the ones that are outside of our control.

So for now I can only promise we will continue investigating this I will keep you posted of anything new that comes my way.

Final point, you mentioned that on Chrome you access  directly your logins, please ensure status of the TK Chrome icon on the top right of your Chrome browser, again if it is blue you are signed in to your account and therefore no need to sign back in but if you are seeing a red/black TK icon there, you are signed out and you will need to enter again your credentials to sign back in in to your account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 43 of 49

Jump to solution

Since it was not working properly with Chrome, I de-installed it as I'm not a Chrome fan

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 44 of 49

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Please try again and let me know if this time it is working better sending the authentication to your mobile device from Firefox.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 45 of 49

Jump to solution

Just tried it three times and all three went to cell.  Hooray!   Did you do something on your end?

Let me monitor it for a few days to see if this remains consistent.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 46 of 49

Jump to solution

We did, I told you we would work actively;y to isolate this issue.

The Issue was intermittent due to a certificate (Apple Push Notification Certificate) authentication failure. We corrected this and this is why we are getting more of a consistency going to your mobile device  for authentication.

By all means, please monitor it and let me know any updates.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 47 of 49

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I thought I check on your issue and see if it is still going to your second device as expected.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 48 of 49

Jump to solution

So far so good!   Its been working great.  all verifications are going to my cell first.   Whatever you did seems to have worked.  Thank you! 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 49 of 49

Jump to solution

Awesome, thanks for confirming this.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community