Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjb
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

phone connectivity apparently delayed by McAfee intervention

Hi.  A few weeks ago, I attempted to add my phone to my Total Protection subscription account. (phone: prepaid cell phone.) Although my registration attempt didn't seem to be successful, I didn't really care either way, and just continued with my everyday life.  However, shortly after undergoing the McAfee phone registration process, something I assumed had failed, I noticed severe phone call connectivity delays.  These delays have usually resulted in call disconnections -- recipients simply hang up after repeatedly shouting, for example, "Hello!  Hello, Janet! Hello!"  If intended recipients are able to wait, I eventually get through, but there is still a delay on the line between call and response.  I reviewed my McAfee device list (via Settings, My Devices), to determine whether or not my phone had been registered after all, and if so, to then delete its registration.  I see that a phone seemed to have been at least partially registered, but its exact identity and registration status remains unknown or unconfirmed to me.  I only own one phone.  Now what?  Any ideas?  I'd like to delete my phone from McAfee's system.  

An edited screen snip is included in case it'd be useful to forum participants.  ?

Thanks for whatever help is provided for this phone issue.phone security record.PNG

--jjb

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: phone connectivity apparently delayed by McAfee intervention

Hi @jjb 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to remove McAfee from device administrator and check for the same. Please go through this article  and update.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

jjb
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: phone connectivity apparently delayed by McAfee intervention

GaneshR:

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  After posting my inquiry here, I was told that the non-android status of my phone explains why it doesn't display any Device Administrative list, and, most importantly, ensures that McAfee security couldn't have been added to it.  !  Yeah, the info was there all along, but I was stupidly determined to ignore the label "android" when trying to provide security for my poor, struggling call-text fundamental phone.  Anyway, sorry.  And thanks again for your help, Ganesh.

Happy night, etc. to you.

--jjb

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community