Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theresio
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

mcafee total protection

Jump to solution

for this package, is it wise to install it in a server environment where i have at least 150 devices, like apis,servers,fortigates,desktop etc. i want to link it with my active directory where i create a gpo to push the software to any device that is linked with my domain. is it possible? because for this package i see a fee of 80usd per year for unlimited device acces.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 5

Re: mcafee total protection

Jump to solution

Hi @theresio 

Greetings from McAfee

We can install McAfee on multiple devices but it is not possible to install in a server environment and it can be installed on 50 devices if the subscription is for unlimited devices. Kindly follow the below article to download and install McAfee

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @theresio 

Greetings from McAfee

We can install McAfee on multiple devices but it is not possible to install in a server environment and it can be installed on 50 devices if the subscription is for unlimited devices. Kindly follow the below article to download and install McAfee

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

Canesguy
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I don’t care how many devices it can be installed on.  The Total Protection moniker is a fallacy.  It doesn’t do anything worthwhile for me and it sux.

Canesguy
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Yesterday after Total Protection McAfee told me my iPad was safe I got pop-ups that I won free prizes from my internet provider, Cox, then Walmart.  The sponsoring sites were obviously bogus, so I did not proceed.

McAfee to me is a farce and so I cannot see recommending or re-subscribing.  My attempt at having McAfee solve my problem a couple of days ago yielded multiple off-shore calls from very nice people - from China. We didn’t get very far after losing my connection once, then poor connectivity.

Canesguy
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  Today on my iPad, McAfee told me that a security risk was noted, that being my ios software needed to be updated.  Ah, attention:  I have the latest update and have had it for weeks. McAfee security software used to be great but this is another reason that there is no way in heck I will be renewing it in two months, nor will I recommend it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community