cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
not_happy_
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Why can't McAfee fix the Alert Viewer problem?

After dealing with the McAfee Alert Viewer problem for months, which causes a memory leak that eventually makes your computer worthless until it's restarted, I decided I'd had enough.

I contacted McAfee Customer Service through chat, and was told the rep would need to remote into my computer and take control in order to fix the issue! I wouldn't let my own grandmother do that. So that's McAfee's answer? That's like a seatbelt company telling you that you need to drive for a month without wearing your seatbelt, in order to fix your seatbelt.

Has ANYONE had any luck fixing this, or is everyone that's had this issue just dumped McAfee for a better solution? 

2 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why can't McAfee fix the Alert Viewer problem?

Hi @not_happy_ 

Greetings From McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

McAfee is aware of the issue and working towards the resolution. We will keep you update once the issue get resolved.

Regards,
Venkat

QPAS
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why can't McAfee fix the Alert Viewer problem?

Maybe it is a coïncidence...

What I did is : in Google settings , disable the Mcafee webadvisor extension.
Testarted PC.

After that I enabled it again.

The problem has not occurred for a couple of hours now ...

bestr regards,

Peter

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community