cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wahjr1966
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

What Gives?

I am receiving a daily error message on my computer's maintenance report (Reliability Monitor) that mfevtps.exe has "Stopped working."  I am not Bill Gates, and I don't understand 1/2 of what the report says.  I started receiving this error on August 12th after months of error-free computing.  All I know is that it is McAfee-related.  I am running Windows 11.  Does anyone have any insights on how to remedy his issue? 

2 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 3

Re: What Gives?

Hi @wahjr1966 ,

Greetings from Mcafee,

Kindly try uninstalling the Mcafee and reinstall the software and update us the outcome .

Regards

Nagesh G

wahjr1966
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: What Gives?

Nagesh G,

I uninstalled McAfee Total Protection and reinstalled the same.  However, the problem continues on.  Here is what the error message looks like:

Faulting application name: mfevtps.exe, version: 22.4.0.226, time stamp: 0x62544e14
Faulting module name: CRYPT32.dll, version: 10.0.22621.580, time stamp: 0xf88e9ce4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001ff72
Faulting process id: 0x0x554
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D8C250EF312EB6
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfevtps.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPT32.dll
Report Id: 35815cf4-7daa-4602-8e8f-46f9a1480d0b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I certainly appreciate your time and effort in helping solve this problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community