Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djheynow
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

VPN logs off as soon as it logs in

The moment I log in on the VPN it logs off and shows gray instead of blue. I have no VPN protection. I do have auto-renew on but this feature is not working.

5 Replies
DJazz
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

Re: VPN logs off as soon as it logs in

McAfee thanks me for my feedback - WHAT?!

I signed-up for McAfee Total Protection for TOTAL PROTECTION, not pieces of stuff that may work occasionally!

So I too have no Secure VPN, which means I don't do much of anything on any social medial platform.

Get it fixed McAfee!

Bharani_BD
Message 3 of 6

Hi @DJazz@djheynow 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This issue has been fixed with the latest McAfee version R16.0.36. Please update the current app installed on the PC and check if the app is updated with the latest version. Please update us if the issue persists after updating the app.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

djheynow
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

I've told it to update several times. It tells me it's up to date. I have release 16.0 R35. That's as far as it will go.

djheynow
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Before this it wasn't secure anyway. It showed PolarBear as one of the internet access points and when I did a dns leak test it came back showing my isp on at least one channel. I'm concerned about McAfee and it's VPN service for multiple reasons and was considering paying for a real VPN if this one doesn't work properly. 

They did respond so maybe there is hope. So far their fix doesn't work.

djheynow
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Seems we've been abandoned by the help crew.  

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community