Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpbullee
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 16

VPN Keeps Disconnecting

Jump to solution

I boot up my media pc windows10 and have vpn set to auto connect. it connects then right away disconnects, it doesn't matter where its connected to, and this is just a recent thing as last week it worked fine. i have also added my network in settings. I have a gaming pc windows10 on same network, same account, and it has no problem connecting. I have done a full reinstall with no luck, and I am on renewal with all updated info. the only firewall and vpn it this one on pc. so i have no idea whats happing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vitorby
Level 8
Message 15 of 16

Re: VPN Keeps Disconnecting

Jump to solution

@sivasubramanian 

Many thanks~ before following your suggestion, I tried updating itself by manual. It finally turned to R36! 
And it's all running so well as before.

Once again, thank you so much!!!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
jconnell83
Level 7
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

I am having a similar problem.  Below is the response I received from McAfee:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,  We are aware of this issue and our engineering team is working on it for a fix. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive an update from them.

Jump to solution

@jpbullee 

Please let us know the McAfee version that is installed on your Windows 10 device. Also, let us know whether it is up to date

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Jump to solution

@jpbullee 

We will keep you updated once we get any information from our engineering team. Also, let us know the McAfee version and the OS version of your device.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
vitorby
Level 8
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

@sivasubramanian 
Hi there~
I'm suffering the same failure after installing OS 5 days ago.
My OS info: Windows 10 Home; Version: 20H2

McAfee info: Total Protection, Version: 16.0; Release Name: 16.0 R35

1.) Uninstall McAfee, Reinstall McAfee: Done.
2.) Turn off McAfee firewall, VPN keeps disconnecting. It turns off right after "VPN is connected" shows.

Hope someone can help with this. Thanks a million.

Jump to solution

@vitorby 

We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have received the update from our engineering team as this issue has been fixed in our 16.0.36 release and you will receive it shortly. 

Regards
Siva N

vitorby
Level 8
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

@sivasubramanian 

Good day~ 
It's glad to have your prompt reply with this pleasant, upcoming solution!!
I can't wait to see it's released. 
Many thanks~

Jump to solution

@vitorby 

The 16.0.36 has already been released and we request you to wait for the same to get updated with your existing McAfee. 

Regards
Siva N

Jchan
Level 7
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Siva,

I am having the same issue for the past 2 weeks since 29 July. I tried to get 16.0.36 Release last night but it is still not available yet. Appreciate it if you can help to expedite. Thanks.

Jump to solution

@Jchan 

We have sent private message. We request you to reply the same.

Regards
Siva N

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community