Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farnsworth
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Two questions about total protection

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have two questions about McAfee Total Protection.

1. When I boot to Windows, it takes literally forever for the McAfee protection icon to appear next to the clock. When I open task manager it seems that McAfee processes are running, though. Is this normal? Can I trust that they are indeed all running even though it takes minutes before the icon appears?

2. VPN seems to work just fine, but for some reason I can't make it work with TeamSpeak 3. Whatever location I try to use. Is this normal, is it some TeamSpeak specific reason, or is there some other reason for it?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Two questions about total protection

Jump to solution

Only can comment on Q1 as do not use their VPN or Teamspeak. My icon arrives about 60 seconds after Windows opens. Been that way for ages. I think it is normal. See what the mods say.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Only can comment on Q1 as do not use their VPN or Teamspeak. My icon arrives about 60 seconds after Windows opens. Been that way for ages. I think it is normal. See what the mods say.

mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Re: Question 1 (can't answer Question 2, sorry) -- I find the same thing, that the icon takes a minute or so to appear.  I've also found that the icon disappears at around 8 p.m. (ET) every evening.   Either it reappears on its own, or I double-click the McAfee shortcut and it reappears by the date and clock time again.  If I check Services or Task Manager, McAfee is running -- just the icon isn't there until it either reappears or I bring it back up.  Weird, but there it is.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community