cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vlad99
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Total Protection on old iPad, running older iOS

Hi. I've just purchased Total Protection, valid for the next couple of years. I've downloaded it on to my PC, no issues, but trying to get it onto my old iPad mini2 is a problem (it's running on iOS 12.5.6). I've gone to the McAfee app and clicked 'UPDATE', but a little message pops up saying: Download an older version of this app? The current version reqires iOS 13.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version. Cancel/Download.  My issue is that when I click on download, the message goes away for a few seconds and then pops back up again. I guess my question is: Where can I find the 'last compatible version.'? Many thanks in advance.

3 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total Protection on old iPad, running older iOS

Hi @Vlad99,

Greetings from McAfee. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately McAfee app only works on Ipads running on IOS versions 13 and above. To install the latest McAfee Security app, you must have a supported operating system.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Vlad99
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

So my purchase to cover 10 devices is redundant. I purposely bought this version to cover the 6 devices we have in this household - 2 pc's and (would have been) 4 iPads. Why do organisations think, just because an upgraded version of something comes out, everyone is going to ditch their old devices and purchase new ones? I suppose I will just have to tread carefully or find another company to cover just this one device!

Robecall
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Completely with you on this. I bought the 10 users version and now have to find an antivirus that will protect iOS 12.  McAfee  needs to be more upfront with customers.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community