Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWL
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Total Protection Full scan does not complete

Windows 10 pro

McAfee: Release name 16.0 R37; Build 19.7.126; last update 9/1/2021; version 19.7;

it remained at 96% 580 133 files for over an hour and a half when I finally cancelled the scan.

4 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Total Protection Full scan does not complete

Hi @JWL 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, please remove if you have any external drive connected to the PC. Try rebooting the PC and initiate a full scan again and check issue status. If the issue persists share us the screenshot of the file name where the scan is stuck. 

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

JWL
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Apologies, maybe being a bit "thick" but how do I find out the file name? (It only displays the number of files)

I had no external drives connected

Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

HI @JWL 

Please share us the screen shot the issue and we shall take it further. Initiate a full scan after rebooting the PC and check if the it stops at the same step. share us the screen shot of the stuck scan page and we shall investigate this further.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

JWL
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

I haven't had time to run a full scan as it just takes too long; however have just run a quick scan and the attached result has come up

Would this have anything to do with being unable to open 2007 word or excel files without turning off real time scanning first?

Also there was a problem after this in that Windows security reported a problem with my security McAfee real time scanning showed as turned on but on the icon was not - and referred to the unresolved threat.

The only way I could get my full security back was to run another quick scan, cancel out of it (so it didn't pick up the Office CMDDEF.DLL file again) THEN restart my computer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community