Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErwinLiemburg
Contributor II
Message 1 of 15

Total Protection 4.14 Mac Monterey Firewall issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just installed the latest update of Total Protection form Mac version 4.14. Very glad to finally have support for M1 without using Rosetta.

All seems to work fine except for the Firewall. Firewall doesn't/won't turn on. Didn't have this issue in prior versions running on Rosetta 2.

According to all documentation all settings seem te be fine (Privacy/Full Disk Acces for fmpd/GenUtility/VShieldScanner/VShieldScanManager/McAfee Network Extensions).

Uninstalled/reinstalled several times, but no luck. Does uninstall remove all McAfee relates data, or are there some bits and bytes left that could be interfering with the new installation? (Or is there a manual that shows how to remove all bits and bytes left after removal so a clean reinstall can take place?)

I hope someone can help me with some steps that could fix this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 15

Re: Total Protection 4.14 Mac Monterey Firewall issues

Jump to solution

Hi @ErwinLiemburg 

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working towards a fix at the earliest. We kindly request you to help us with the OS version you are working with. 

We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi @ErwinLiemburg 

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working towards a fix at the earliest. We kindly request you to help us with the OS version you are working with. 

We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Hari

ErwinLiemburg
Contributor II
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

@Hari_durairaj,

Great to hear a fix is coming soon. Any idea when the update will be available? Are we speaking days or weeks (, or months)?

I'm curently running Monterey version 12.4 (21F79)

Regards,

Erwin

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi @ErwinLiemburg.

Greetings from McAfee.

We would like to let you know as we have aware of the issue after the new version released 4.14 the work is in progress and will let you know once the update comes.

Regards,
Venkat

RRodriguez_07
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

Yes, mine as well... upon updating to MacOS Monterey version 12.4. The McAfee Total Protection version 4.14 firewall cannot be turned on despite following all instructions.

I just kept the MacOS Firewall On instead.

McAfee Webadvisor is also not working on google chrome... no tagging at all.

KirilAtanassov
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi Venkat_YM!

I've the same issue with tunning on McAfee Firewall on Total Protection , ver.4.14.0.0(440), affid: 1274. macOS Monterey ver.12.4.

Is there any chance to send us the update on RSS feed or other way once you fix this issue?

Thank you!

sosueme
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

I have had this problem for 4 months...yup...4 months.  My "case" with McAffee has been "escalated".  The "team" is working on a solution.  Anyone want to offer their thoughts on the quality of this McAfee product given that some group of programmers created this problem but at least 4 months later (and I strongly suspect much longer than that) some group of programmers cant fix the problem?  

Canesguy
Contributor II
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution
Not renewing and that summarizes it.
ErwinLiemburg
Contributor II
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

It has been 4 month ago when I opened this item about version 4.14 and problem of not able to use/start the firewall.

Yesterday I received the notice that a new version was available: 4.15. So I installed it, hoping for the best. Unfortunately still the same issue as in 4.14: not able to use/start the firewall.

Question #1: When will this be fixed? I've been waiting for 4 months and after the update it still doesn't work.

Question #2: In a few weeks, MacOS Ventura will be released. Will Total Protection function as expected under MacOS Ventura?

Best regards,

Erwin

krishna55
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi @RRodriguez_07,

We are sorry to hear that. Please follow the Articles below that has info on enabling full disk access to all McAfee components and issue should be resolved.

Grant Full Disk Access

Full Disk Access to McAfee software

Let us know if the issue persists after making the changes.

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community