Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrshvd3
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 20

Today's update late?

Jump to solution

Hello -- I have Total Protection--1 Device (Version 16.0; Release Name 16.0 R29). This is rare, but sometimes does happen......Was there no update for mine today? My latest Virus Update is 1/8/2021, yesterday's date as of this evening.. All is well otherwise.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Today's update late?

Jump to solution

mrshvd3

Checked mine and 1 day back. This delay is seen sometimes as you see from the posts especially in partner versions though you should get it soon. If not a support always suggests a reload after a clean. If you medically unable to do so support will do it for you. They can be trusted to not look around and just remove the software and reload it.

View solution in original post

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 20

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

McAfee will roll out DAT, product updates etc., every single day. But sometimes when there is no DAT, product updates etc., it wont get rolled out. So please don't worry about that. We always assure and care our customers  ensuring their devices/computers are safe and free from threats.

Ensure Auto Updates is On, so that it updates automatically and you don't have to check every single time when you turn On the computer. 

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 20

Jump to solution

Hello @mrshvd3 

McAfee updates automatically whenever there is an update rolled out from the server. Hence, you don't have to worry about the updates when you have the Automatic Updates turned On. McAfee will update automatically.

Regards,
Madhan M

Jump to solution

Yes mine there  so seems fine here.

mrshvd3
Level 11
Message 4 of 20

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper --

I do my updates manually every day, clickimg on Settings/Update This App. I did mine on 1/8, but haven't had anything come in since 1/8. I've recently had a mild stroke, so I'm not in a position to look too much into this in terms of uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Is any other area delayed on updates, please? If so, I'll wait patiently, but would like to know. I'll keep trying Update This App now and again.

mrshvd3

mrshvd3
Level 11
Message 5 of 20

Jump to solution

Madhan --

I appreciate your suggestion, but I don't keep my computer turned on all the time. When I turn on my PC and it's set up, I go on to Settings/Update this app and do my updates that way. Same with running scans; I do them manually each day instead of automatically. Old school, I guess. All updated the day before yesterday (and I did a full scan yesterday). Unless there is a delay things should come in fine. I'm in N.J.; is there an issue here?

mrshvd3
Level 11
Message 6 of 20

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper --

I apologize for contacting you again. I'm still seeing 1/8/2021 as my most recent download and install of Updates. It simply says that "Your McAfee software has the latest updates installed." I've not had this happen before like this. Could you please tell me if this will be updated at some point soon? I've done my daily updates this way from the beginning without any notice that it would change. I mention this because you said earlier that your updates are up to date where mine are hanging on two days ago. All well but delayed? I've been overlooked? Help, please? My previous message will explain my concern. Thank you very much.

mrshvd3

jonnywalker
Level 10
Message 7 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi

This happens from time to time. I,m not so satisfied how McAfee performs updates.

I would like that it seeks for updates right after you have started your pc. For ex now if you have turned of your pc over night it can take several hours before it checks for up-

dates therefore I do a manual check even if I have the automatic turned on. I have another pc with Avast free installed and it allways check for updates right after upstart.

motorversion 4310 made 08-01-2020

ChrisR64
Level 9
Message 8 of 20

Jump to solution

Both my McAfee products (LiveSafe) are on DAT 4310 (Friday's DAT)

jonnywalker
Level 10
Message 9 of 20

Jump to solution

If so I think that means they (McAfee) is just late in sending out the updates.

Now it´s getting late here in Sweden so it´s time for bed. Hopefully everything is ok tomorrow. I´m sorry for any misspellings .

JW

mrshvd3
Level 11
Message 10 of 20

Jump to solution

Thank you, Chris! Glad to know I'm not the only one! Thanks also to everyone who replied.

mrshvd3

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community