Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buckeyechris
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Secure VPN Menu Question

Jump to solution

My problem:  The menu options for Secure VPN are different on different laptops.  Moreover, my newest laptop has fewer Settings options.  I contacted Technical Support about this issue, but I did not get what I felt was a satisfactory answer.  According to the "About" information, both laptops are running the same version of Total Protection (Version 16.0, Release 16.0 R43) and VPN (Version 18.23.150.1)

My story:  I recently purchased a subscription to Total Protection.  Thus far, I have installed the software on 2 of my 3 laptops.  The 1st laptop is a Dell Vostro 5502, with an 11th Gen i7 processor, running Win 10 Pro, Version 21H2. The 2nd laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5567, with a 7th Gen i7 processor, running Win 10 Home (not in Safe Mode), Version 21H2.  

As mentioned above, the VPN menus are on my laptops are different.  The VPN menu on the Inspiron has more options under Settings.  That menu includes the option to turn the VPN on automatically on networks and Wi-Fi with weak security, and add trusted networks.  The menu on the Vostro offers neither as options.

The tech support agent, who used remote access to view the app on both laptops, informed me that the difference was due to the fact that the app (Total Protection) had not updated on the Vostro.  When I questioned how that could be the case given that both laptops were running identical versions of Total Protection, she said that she had no explanation.  Instead, she merely said I'd have to wait for the update, and she did not know when an update would be forthcoming.

Obviously, I find the company's response disconcerting.  Although the VPN function appears to be working, I have my doubts.  The reason:  the app tells me that I am connected to a trusted network after turning VPN on.  Since Secure will not allow me to add a trusted network and the number of trusted networks are (0), I am skeptical that the software is functioning properly and protecting my data. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  My thanks in advance for your consideration of query.

Chris 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 7

Re: Secure VPN Menu Question

Jump to solution

Hi @Buckeyechris 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Buckeyechris 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue

Regards,
Hari

Buckeyechris
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hari,

Thank you for responding.  However, the private message you sent me does not provide me with a way to reply to that message.  I tried drafting a new message, but the system would not accept your Username.

This adds to my already growing level of frustration with your company.  Since this is a public forum, I am reluctant to provide your with my contact information in this post as an alternative.

Perhaps I need to rethink my subscription.  Thus far, I have not been impressed with your company's level of customer support.

Kasey07
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Are the updates not tested & verified before being pushed to the production environment to end-users on https://testmyspeed.onl/?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Try clicking on the mod's name in the column to the left. It will open his details and near the bottom is a Send him a message option. I tested it and it opened but stopped before sending it. Might work .

Try

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

hello,

maybe this can be of help ?

if you are logged in to this community you should see a envelop/mail icon next to your username right upperside of the page.

if you click on this envelop/mail icon it shows the message sent.

if you click on the subject line it will open the message and below of it is a reply button.

however, some users have pointed out that they have difficulties with the browser they use.

myself using Edge browser and that does work fine. 

other users switching to Firefox did solve their problem not able to reply to pm message from mcafee moderator.

hope this can be of help for you next to the message Peacekeeper above has sent.

kooiti
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Estou no Brasil e estou escrevendo em Português / Brasil.
Infelizmente o McAfee LiveSafe SECURE VPN para o Brasil é instável.
Tem poucos dias que está ativo e só por algumas horas e muitos dias desativada desde do mês de novembro de 2023.
Reclamei com o suporte e chegaram à conclusão que realmente não está ativo o Secure VPN no Brasil, informaram que o caso foi para a equipe  de suporte 2.5 dos Estados Unidos da América. Porém creio que a equipe técnica de suporte 3.5 da Mcafee não está interessada em estabiliazar o serviço SECURE VPN do Brasil.
E também não consigo adicionar a rede sem fio e também com fio na lista de "Trusted networks" da Secure VPN.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community