Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nphudd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Remove a device?

Jump to solution

How do I remove devices from McAfee Total Protection please? In my account are two redundant devices - one of them has two entries.one active and one inactive. That latter one is a device which no longer exists, being unbootable, and destroyed. The other no longer has McAfee software in. But they seem to be added in as part of the number of devices I have, and there is no means of inactivating or (better) removing the entries

Nick Hudd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: Remove a device?

Jump to solution

Hi @nphudd ,

I understand that you'd like to remove devices from your McAfee. Please follow the below steps to remove / deactivate the device from McAfee user interface 

• Open McAfee software on your windows PC
  • Select the devices you want to remove / deactivate on the Home screen appears below Protect more devices
  • Click Settings
  • Click Remove
  • Type in the McAfee account Password to login
  • Click Remote it

For more information you can refer the link.

Regards,
Jagadeesan.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: Remove a device?

Jump to solution

Hi @nphudd ,

I understand that you'd like to remove devices from your McAfee. Please follow the below steps to remove / deactivate the device from McAfee user interface 

• Open McAfee software on your windows PC
  • Select the devices you want to remove / deactivate on the Home screen appears below Protect more devices
  • Click Settings
  • Click Remove
  • Type in the McAfee account Password to login
  • Click Remote it

For more information you can refer the link.

Regards,
Jagadeesan.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community