cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWL
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: Real Time Scanning , Can't Open Excel & Word on Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2

Since yesterday I have been unable to open 2007 Excel and Word files (I did not have the problem previously despite having 16.0 R37)

Am Using

Windows 10 Pro

Office 2007

McAfee Total Protection

Version 16.0

Release Name: 16.0 R37

SamW
Level 7
Message 12 of 15

Re: Real Time Scanning , Can't Open Excel & Word on Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2

Same Problem with MS Office 2010. Need to kill EXCEL.EXE from Task Manager and turn off Real-Time Scanning before opening Excel, or stuck "running virus scan"

Just ran an update and running McAfee VirusScan  Build 25.0.134, Engine Version: 4557.0, Last Update: 9/12/2021.

SamW
Level 7
Message 13 of 15

It's been almost a month. Is McAfee going to fix this or going to tell users MS Office 2010 is not supported? You will be surprised how many people are still using legacy MS Office b/c they have perpetual licenses.

The VirusScan on my computer is Build: 25.0.134, Last Update 9/17/2021. Engine version: 4562.0.

BTW: Don't disable copy-and-paste in your "About" dialog so I can copy-and-paste the versions of the components to your support please!!!!!   

Re about I have been suggesting this for many years when I was one of the volunteer mods here. Why they cannot do it is past me one would think it is simple.

I will pass the suggestion onto a contact for inclusion (hopefully) in a new update.

JWL
Level 7
Message 15 of 15

Have just run a quick scan and the following result has come up - the reason I'm not able to run 2007 word or excel without turning off real time scaning?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community