cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raymondd
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Missing Monthly Report Details - Development Manager Refuses to Test Products Before Releases

Once yet again, the Development team continues to release garbage code that is untested.

If it is thoroughly tested, on a Win 7 Pro (64-Bit) and works, the problem that I have reported to the GREAT Tech Support Staff with the BROKEN UPDATE "FEATURE" is far worse than I thought.

Please refer to my comments on the Thread "Security Report details" @ https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Total-Protection/Security-Report-details/td-p/613316

This is just another in a string of worthless, un-populated "Reports" with yet another untested "Monthly Report".

This showed up on my PC today "WITH NO INFORMATION - JUST LIKE ALL 6 "SECURITY "REPORTS".

This is a screen print of this garbage "Report":

Blank Monthly Report.jpg

Really, you have protected me from nothing for a very long time apparently.

Back to the PRIMARY PROBLEM - THERE IS NO ADEQUATE TESTING OF EVEN THE "NO-BRAINER" "REPORTS",

IF DEVELOPMENT REFUSES TO TAKE USERS SERIOUSLY WHEN THEY REPORT PROBLEMS (multiple issues have just been ignored by Mr. Romine) the entire functionality of McAfee Products is really called into question - how can "Development" handle programming for virus scanning  when they can't release 7 accurate, populated  "Reports".  The 1st 6 covered in my prior comments regarding "Security Report details" (link above) are also in "LiveSafe", WHERE THEY ALL WORK - WHY CAN'T THE CODE FOR THOSE "LiveSafe" "Reports" simply be copied over to "AA-TP”.

In addition, why didn't the "Monthly Report" receive any / adequate TESTING.?

IF the "DEVELOPMENT GROUP" refuses to test software, they probably need to be restructured or replaced.

3 Replies
raymondd
Level 8
Message 2 of 4

Tracey Romine's Response: Re: Missing Monthly Report Details - Development Manager Refuses to Test

Hi raymondd,

tromine (McAfee Employee) posted a new reply in Total Protection on 06-03-2019 07:48 AM:

Re: Missing Monthly Report Details - Development Manager Refuses to Test Products Before Releases

This is the first I'd seen of this issue.  So I'll take a look.  I think you'll find that we're responsive to issues when they're brought to our attention.  No need to go off the emotional rails.  

• Is your license active or expired?
  • Are your updates and scans on or disabled?
  • Have you worked with a 'live' Support agent, and if so, what's your ticket number?
raymondd
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Re: Tracey Romine's Response: Re: Missing Monthly Report Details - Development Manager Refuses to Te

I felt forced to post this response from T Romine (above), because it was sent to me, appearing to have been posted here - it had not.  While I do have the appropriate email address, this overall issue, of untested products being forced on McAfee customers needs to be addressed publicly.

Yes Mr. Romine, you likely had not heard of the problem with the "Monthly Report."   As I stated just before the screen print of THIS non-functional report "This showed up on my PC today "WITH NO INFORMATION - JUST LIKE ALL 6 "SECURITY "REPORTS"".

However, you have been notified multiple times regarding "Re: Security Report details", at https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Total-Protection/Security-Report-details/td-p/613316. is just the latest.

First, to answer your rather obnoxious questions, (when we have been fighting over the underlying problem for several years - lack of testing):

• Is your license active or expired?
    ACTIVE FOR WELL OVER A DECADE
  • Are your updates and scans on or disabled?
    ON, SET TO MANUAL (AT SOME POINT WE NEED TO DISCUSS YOUR BROKEN "UPDATE" FUNCTION
  • Have you worked with a 'live' Support agent, and if so, what's your ticket number?
    YES I HAVE, MULTIPLE TIMES, WELL OVER THE LAST YEAR+.  IT HAS BEEN ESCALATED MULTIPLE TIMES.  I HAVE ALSO CONTACTED OTHER MANAGEMENT WITH THESE ISSUES.

As many times as I have discussed it with McAfee's EXCELLENT Tech Support Staff, without ANY response or "FIXES" to known and escalated issues is very frustrating.

Your comment "I think you'll find that we're responsive to issues when they're brought to our attention. No need to go off the emotional rails" is truly obnoxious. - I have tried multiple times to communicate directly with you via email, over the last several years.  You are simply impossible to deal with for a customer who probably knows more about this product than you do.  I have used it for well over a decade (in addition to being a mainframe programmer and analyst since 1982), yet when you are contacted, you insist that there is nothing wrong with the product.

There are many other bugs/lies contained in the AATP product that you have continued to perpetuate.

As I have discussed this with other Management and multiple Tech Support - my rather extensive programming experience, with its very thorough quality control.  It is very obvious, from my experience, that your group does not even perform remedial testing on many changes that you dump on us - how hard is it to miss the 6 unpopulated "Security Reports" as are described in the linked comment.

If the problem is with an "Update", your "update" processes have multiple bugs, and these reports actually do work on a Win 7 64-bit Pro machine - then the problem is with your "update" processes, that is a much more severe issue,  which I can transmit either via the "Forums" or via email (I do have your address still).

First and foremost, McAfee NEEDS AN ADEQUATE TESTING GROUP.

raymondd
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Re: Tracey Romine's Response: Re: Missing Monthly Report Details - Development Manager Refuses to Te

An additional note about the "Monthly Report".

The user is allowed to see it ONCE.  There is no "Menu" item anywhere in AATP to execute it a subsequent  time - It appears to only execute once, right after the 1st of the month.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community