cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrtdg
Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: McAfee won't let me download ANYTHING!

@cyberdude 

This is not the issue. McAfee Total Protection Real-time scanning has a bug with Chromium-based browsers, I have tested on Edge, Chrome, and Brave. It is consistent and does not occur on Firefox or Opera.

Simply disabling Real-time scanning will allow normal downloads. Unfortunately, that means you have no browser protection in Chromium browsers.

cyberdude
Valued Contributor II
Message 12 of 17

hello,

i have tested downloads for ccleaner and malwarebytes now and they downloading fine. after download webadvisor comes up for few seconds to scan the file.

this is done with Edge. 

i have no Chrome.

maybe if you not have done this recently you might consider to do a reinstall of mcafee.

i would advise to remove the Webadvisor extensions in the browsers first. 

go after that to App and Features in Windows and remove Webadvisor program only.

after that follow further method 1 from this following article;

McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows (TS101331)

after using  method 1 reboot and use method 2 using the MCPR tool and reboot after that aswell.

when done do the new install of mcafee.

maybe this solves the issue ?

greetings

James74
Contributor II
Message 13 of 17

I have this same problem despite uninstalling mcafee web advisor. It appears to readd itseld to chrome. This is now stopping me working and I have to say I wont be renewing my McAfee license in a few months. I am now upgrading to Windows 11 in the hope that it fixes it, but this is a real dropped ball by McAfee

James74
Contributor II
Message 14 of 17

No this did not fix it

James74
Contributor II
Message 15 of 17

I am having this same problem and it appears to keep reinstalling itself. Maybe legal action against McAfee would be more appropriate, if there is a few of us here we could easily arrange a class action against them...

cyberdude
Valued Contributor II
Message 16 of 17

did you go in Windows to App and Features and removed Webadvisor program and after that used method 1 from the link article mentioned n my previous post above  to look for the Mcafee program to removed ?

after that reboot computer and use method 2 to use the MCPR tool and reboot once more.

but first remove Webadvisor extension in browser before doing the steps above.

also article mentioned when this does not help to contact customer support.

this can be done from;

https://service.mcafee.com

i am using Windows10 and doing the steps above works fine on my side.

TheCarpooler
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

I created a community account JUST to join this thread.  So frustrating.

The ironic part of this is I cannot download firefox because the download package is blocked by McAfee.  FFS.

I did go to the MS Store to download FF, and wow, this is irritating.  Gonna have to find a new AV program.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community